Humanities/Liberal Studies/Creative Arts
So I'm a Humanities/Liberal Studies/Creative Arts Major, Now What?
A degree in the Humanities/Liberal Studies/Creative Arts prepares students for a wide variety of career options in fields like law, journalism, library science, teaching, public service, social work, and public relations.
For additional information regarding the Department of Humanities and degrees within it, please visit the department website.
Where Do My People Work?
Common Career Tracks
- According to LinkedIn, SJSU humanities/liberal arts majors commonly work in education, operations, and community and social services. Common employers include Apple, City of San Jose, and San Jose Unified School District.
- Learn about the different career tracks on What Can I Do With My Major?
- Research job titles at O*Net - Career Information Database.
- Research job statistics at the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- View Payscale's Lifetime Earnings to see how years of experience vs. degree level influence average lifetime earnings.
Where Do I Look for Opportunities?
Job, Internship, and Volunteer Opportunities
Check SJSU Handshake, SJSU's job and internship database exclusively for students.
General Job/Internship Boards
- USAJobs / Pathways Internships for Students/Recent Grads
- County of Santa Clara / Internships / Volunteer
- City of San Jose / Volunteer
- CA.gov (View List of Jobs by Major)
How Can I Get Involved?
How Can I Increase My Chances of Succeeding?
Job Search Tips
- Research company reviews, salaries, interviews, & benefits on Glassdoor.
- View a list of Media and Public Relations Job Boards.
- For more resources check out Journalism and Mass Communications, Communication Studies, Education, English and Comparative Literature, Art and Art History, and Business.