- Apply for jobs & internships targeted to SJSU students.
- Make appointments for help on career exploration, resume/cover letters, interview preparation, and more.
- Join events to gain strategies for building your career.
- Attend job fairs & info sessions to network with employers.
- Stay updated with opportunities in our weekly newsletters.
Check out our video tutorials to get quick tips on SpartaJobs
Read through the Career Center's Student User Expectations
Get started on SJSU's job & internship database!
1. Login with your SJSUOne ID and password.
- Currently registered students have access to SpartaJobs.
- Recent alumni retain access for one year after graduation.
2. Fill out your career interests.
- Click on Personalize Handshake on the home page.
- Fill out the survey completely to get customized news, events, and opportunities.
3. Set up your profile.
- Your profile is the basis of your job search in SpartaJobs. Click on View Your Profile on the navigation bar to start building your profile.
- To make your profile public to employers, click on your name in the upper right corner, select User Settings, and check Allow employers to be able to find and view my profile.
- Note: When you choose to make your profile public, employers, including third-party staffing agencies, may view your profile and contact you for positions even if you have not applied to their positions in SpartaJobs.
- To hide your GPA while keeping profile public, go to your Profile, click on the icon next to Primary Education under Education, and check Hide on Profile under Cumulative GPA and/or Departmental GPA.
3. Search for jobs & internships.
- Click on Jobs on the navigation bar.
- Create a search by selecting your search criteria in the search boxes.
- Save your search by clicking on the plus (+) sign next to Saved Searches at the top and naming your search.
Download SpartaJobs Quick Reference (PDF)
Tips for Success
- Fill out your profile completely. This way, employers will be able to quickly screen your qualifications. Recruiters will see the profiles that most closely align with the position qualifications first. Note: Work experience will be automatically placed in reverse chronological order.
- Create efficient searches. Job postings are targeted to groups of related majors, so search for jobs under major groups that commonly fit in the career field in which you are interested. You can also select Yes to Show Qualified Only? to narrow down positions for which you are most qualified.
- Customize your News Feed for relevant opportunities. Follow specific companies by going to Employers, selecting your search criteria, clicking on your desired employer, and clicking Follow Employer at the top.
|Have questions about using SpartaJobs?||
For additional information regarding our SpartaJobs disclaimer around fraudulent postings and employers' access to your public profile and documents (ex. Resume), click here.