Langdon, Henriette W
Professor , Communicative Disorders
Preferred: (408) 924-4019
Th 3-5 PM and/or by appointment
I believe in longlife learning, no matter how old you are.
Welcome to our program!!
- Doctor of Philosophy, Boston College, 1977
- Doctor of Education, Special Education, Boston Univ, Massachusetts, United States, 1977
- Master of Education, Foreign Languages, Talmudical Seminary Of Oholei, Massachusetts, United States, 1970
- Bachelor in Chemistry, Pharmacy and Biology, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM), Mexico City, Mexico, 1968
Licenses and Certificates
- Certificate of Clinical Competence , United States, 1975
- CA License in Speech Pathology, California, United States, 1975
- School Credential, California, United States, 1978
WELCOME!! I have 39 years experience working with bilingual children who have a variety of speech and language disorders, and their families.I have been a full-time professor at SJSU since 1997, and have taught part-time during several years before that. I have written, and lectured extensively locally, nationally and internationally on topics related to bilingualism and speech and language disorders, assessment and treatment as well as collaboration with interpreters and translators in the field of communicative disorders.
I provide clinical services in Spanish, French, and occasionally in Polish. Please read my complete list of publications. ABOVE YOU WILL FIND A LIST OF THE COURSES THAT I WILL BE TEACHING IN THE SPRING OF 2013. SYLLABI ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR DEPARTMENT WEBSITE. I look forward to seeing you in my classes. Please do not hesitate to contact me even if you are not enrolled in my classes this semester.
If you are a graduate bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog or Hindi or have a special interest in issues pertaining to African- American students please contact me. We have a training grant entitled CASCADES. You have to apply, be interviewed and take a language proficiency test in your language. In the Spring 2012 we will be interviewing for candidates for 2013-2014 year.