Jennifer Huynh Thi Anh Morrison, Ph.D.
Lecturer, Undergraduate Advisor, & CFA Department Representative
Mondays 10:30am-12:30pm & 3:00pm-4:00pm (SEE BELOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT DURING THESE TIMES)
PLEASE READ OVER ALL STEPS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT.All appointments are scheduled on Mondays between 10:30am-12:30pm and 3:00pm-4:00pm. If you see a different time, please adjust your Google calendar setting.
All APPOINTMENT TIMES FOLLOW PACIFIC STANDARD TIME. Please read about changing your Google Calendar timezone at https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37064?hl=en.
STEP 1: SELECT A 30-MINUTE TIME SLOT at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UUEzTlI5V0llbDF1fGRlZmF1bHR8NTY5NmI5ZDliYWY5ZjI2ZTk3OGY2NTQwMTBjNjEyMTU. You are allowed to choose one appointment time slot each week to ensure each Communication Studies student has the opportunity to see an advisor or instructor. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CANCELLING YOUR OWN APPOINTMENTS WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR APPOINTMENT DATE AND TIME. You will forfeit your appointments for the semester if you do not cancel your appointment and/or fail to show up during your scheduled appointment.
STEP 2: OFFICE HOURS APPOINTMENTS - Please note which class and assignments you would like to discuss when making your appointment.
STEP 3: ADVISING APPOINTMENTS - BRING APPROPRIATE FORMS
FILL OUT AND BRING YOUR "MY MAJOR PLAN" OR "MY MINOR PLAN" with you to your next advising appointment. PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE either form at http://www.sjsu.edu/comm/zz_undergraduates/forms/.
All forms noted below can be found at http://www.sjsu.edu/registrar/forms/.
- HOW TO BECOME A COMM MAJOR OR MINOR? Learn more about the program and the requirements to become a COMM major or minor at http://www.sjsu.edu/comm/docs/COMM_major_overview.pdf. Please print out and bring a CHANGE OR MAJOR/MINOR FORM to your advising appointment. Please note that you need to attach an unofficial transcript, personal statement, graduation application, and minor graduation paperwork to your “90 units or more” change of major/minor form. You only need to attach an unofficial transcript if you are completing the “fewer than 90 units” change of major/minor form.
- NEED EXCESS UNITS? You will need to bring an EXCESS UNITS PETITION to your appointment if you meet the requirements and date regulations.
- NEED TO APPLY FOR GRADUATION? Please bring your GRADUATION APPLICATION and a completed My Major Plan or My Minor Plan with you to your appointment.
- IF YOU HAVE A MINOR, you will need to meet with your minor advisor to complete all minor paperwork before your major advising appointment. Please bring your minor completion paperwork in a SIGNED SEALED ENVELOPE to your major advising appointment along with your graduation application and your completed My Major Plan.
- ALREADY APPLIED FOR GRADUATION? You will need to pick up your GRADUATION PAPERWORK from the department office (HGH 108) before meeting with a major advisor. You should also contact your Graduation Evaluator if you have not received your GRADUATION WORKSHEET. Advisors cannot help you unless you have your graduation paperwork and worksheet with you at the time of your visit. Graduation paperwork/worksheets are not visible through MySJSU.
- NEED TO SUBSTITUTE MAJOR/MINOR COURSE WORK? Complete a SUBSTITUTION FORM and email the substitution form to your major advisor. Schedule an appointment with an advisor and bring a copy of your graduation paperwork if you are unsure if you need to complete a substitution form.
STEP 4: WHERE TO FIND ME? My office is located in the Hugh Gillis Hall Room 201. Please use the campus map to locate Hugh Gillis Hall (HGH), http://www.sjsu.edu/parkingtransportationmaps/index.html.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Communication, Univ Of Denver, Colorado, United States, 2010
- Master of Arts, Communication, CSU-San Jose, California, United States, 2003
I teach a variety of communication courses ranging from public speaking to intercultural communication in the department of Communication Studies at San José State University. I received my Ph.D. in Communication and Culture from the department of Human Communication Studies at the University of Denver. My dissertation is titled, Authenticating Người Mỹ Gốc Việt: Vietnamese Americans and the Struggle for Identity. In 2003, I received my Master’s of Arts in Intercultural Communication from the department of Communication Studies at San José State University. My master's thesis focuses on multiraciality and identity. Before my graduate work, I received my Bachelor’s of Arts in Speech Communication from San José State University.
- Department of Communication Studies
- COMM Studies Undergrad Advisors (for majors & minors)
- Student Forms (change of major/minor; excess units; graduation application; substitution; etc.)
- Student Petitions (enroll in more credits; enroll in SJSU Studies course with less than 60 units)
- Graduation Info (graduation evaluators; graduation worksheet; grad workshop; etc.)
- ACCESS Success Center (GE and SJSU Studies advising in Clark Hall Room 240)
- COMM 198 Applied Activity Options
- COMMSA - Study Abroad in COMM
- COMM Central
- Student Resources
- Campus Technology
- National Communication Association
- International Communication Association