Publications & Presentations
Reis, Noni Mendoza
Publications & Presentations
- Mendoza-Reis, N. & Quintanar, R & Cabral. L.. "Best Practices for English Learners: Five Principles of Equity" article. (2008).
- Arriaza, G. & Mendoza-Reis, N.. "Equity Leadership in Schools" Nueva Epoca. article. Vol. 34. Issue 10. Mexico: Nueva Epoca, (2007).
- Mendoza-Reis, N. & Kay, S. "A Model for Incorporating Culturally Relevant Pedagogy in Science Through the Lesson Study Format" article. (2007).
- Cabral, L, Mendoza-Reis, N., Quintanar, R. . "English Language Learner: Culture,
Equity and Language" National Education Association. professional development series.
Washington, D.C. : National Education Association, (2007).
Abstract: A professional development series from the National Education Association for teachers of English learners focused on culture and equity issues in teaching, language acquisition and English language development.
- Mendoza-Reis, N.. "Tips for First Time Attendees at AERA" op ed. (2006).
- Lopez, J., Magdaleno, K. Mendoza-Reis, N.. "Developing Leadership for Equity: What
is the role of Leadership Preparation Programs?" article. Vol. 18. (September 2006).
Abstract: Historically, educational administration programs have prepared graduates in a “universal, one-size-fits-all” approach. As the K-12 student population becomes increasingly diverse, this approach is no longer viable since it seldom takes into account the urgency implied by the achievement gap. This article reports on a “transformative colloquium” comprised of educational leadership faculty from CSU East Bay, San Jose State and Fresno State who studied a “leading for equity” approach. Responses were gathered from the Spring 2006 CAPEA conference attendees regarding ways that administrator preparation programs can promote and emphasize Leading for Equity.
- Mendoza-Reis, N. and C. Reveles . "Leading the Bilingual Schoolhouse: A Principal’s Role" National Association of Bilingual Education. article. Vol. 27. Issue 4. National Association of Bilingual Education, (May 2004). pp.32-34.
- Mendoza-Reis, N. and C. Reveles . "Using the CREDE Standards to Guide Leadership in Bilingual Schools" article. Vol. 9. Issue 1. (2004). pp.36-42.
- Ritchie, J. Mendoza-Reis, N. & Lindstrom, P.. "Tomorrow’s School Leaders: What do we know about them? " article. Vol. 16. (2004). pp.37-46.
- Mendoza-Reis, N. and I. McGinty . "Tracking Teacher Expectations and Student Outcomes" Network for Educators on the Americas. book chapter. Washington, D.C.: Network for Educators on the Americas, (2002). pp.69-72.
- Mendoza-Reis, N. "Mentoring for Equity: A Principal’s Perspective" UCSC New Teacher Center. newsletter. Vol. 5. Issue 1. Santa Cruz, CA: UCSC New Teacher Center, (May 2002).
- McGinty, I. and N. Mendoza-Reis. "Toward Equity: Building Multicultural Classrooms" California State Department of Education. A Professional Development Series for the Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment Project. California State Department of Education, (1998).
- Menkart, D. and N. Mendoza-Reis. "Latinas Abriendo Caminos" Bread and Roses Cultural Project. A Poster Series and Teaching Guide. New York. NY: Bread and Roses Cultural Project, (1995).
- Mendoza-Reis, N. and I. McGinty. "Diversity in the Classroom" book chapter. (1994).