Career Coaching & Counseling
Our team of professional career counselors provides guidance to San José State University students on a variety of career topics. Our role is help students create a plan based on their unique strengths, values, goals, and experiences to build meaningful careers. Our career counselors have specialized training in career development, are connected to the local employment community, and work with students based on their industry or pathways of interest. [pdf] Common topics discussed during appointments include:
- Self assessment and major/career exploration
- Researching careers and industries of interest
- Internship and job search strategies
- Resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile development
- Building a professional brand
- Finding mentors and developing professional networks
- Interviewing preparation and practice
- Exploring graduate school and post grad options
- Evaluating offers and salary negotiation
Schedule an Appointment
Virtual appointments are available for Spring 2021 beginning Monday, February 1st.
Currently enrolled students can schedule a 30-minute appointment with a career counselor by logging into Spartan Connect > Appointments, Drop-ins, and Workshops & Events.
Recent Alumni/Alumni Members
Request a 30-minute appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Click here for more information regarding alumni membership.
Check out more stories from recent grads on our YouTube channel!