Assistant Professor of Business Analytics
Department of Marketing and Business Analytics
Lucas College and Graduate School of Business
San Josè State University
One Washington Square
San Josè, CA 95192-0069
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering, Wayne State University, 2021.
- M.S. Industrial Engineering, Wayne State University, 2018.
- B.Eng. Civil Engineering, Covenant University, Nigeria, 2016.
Dr. Egbe-Etu Etu is an Assistant Professor of Business Analytics at San Jose State University (SJSU). Before joining SJSU, Dr. Etu received his Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Wayne State University in 2021 and his bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from Covenant University, Nigeria, in 2016. His research interest centers on the development of use-inspired machine learning models to solve challenging business problems in healthcare, manufacturing, and transportation. The main aim of his research is to develop decision-support tools that will help business professionals do their best work, improve resilience and overall system performance while minimizing errors. He is a member of the Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM), Institute of Industrial & Systems Engineering (IISE), and SAVE International. In 2020, he received the IEOM Annual Conference Best Paper Award in the Healthcare Systems track.
- Health Informatics
- Business/Customer Feedback Analytics
- Machine/Deep Learning
- Simulation Modeling (Agent-based, Discrete Event, System Dynamics)
- Lean Systems Development
- Transportation Engineering
- BUS2 194A: Statistical Analysis