Associate Professor of Physics
Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10:30am-11:30am
- Doctor of Philosophy, Physics, University of Cincinnati, 2009
- Master of Science, Physics, Sharif University of Technology, 2004
- Bachelor of Science, Physics, Isfahan University of Technology, 2001
Strongly correlated electronic systems
Ultracold atoms in optical lattices
Machine learning techniques in condensed matter physics
Quantum non-equilibrium dynamics of isolated many-body systems
Numerical methods in condensed matter physics
- "Machine learning in electronic quantum matter imaging experiments"
Yi Zhang, A. Mesaros, K. Fujita, S. D. Edkins, M. H. Hamidian, K. Ch'ng, H. Eisaki, S. Uchida, J. C. Séamus Davis, E. Khatami, Eun-Ah Kim
Nature 570, 484–490 (2019); arXiv:1808.00479
News articles: SJSU Newsroom, Cornell News, Nature News
- "Spin transport in a Mott insulator of ultracold fermions"
M. A. Nichols, L. W. Cheuk, M. Okan, T. R. Hartke, E. Mendez, T. Senthil, E. Khatami, H. Zhang, M. W. Zwierlein
Science 363 383 (2019); arXiv:1802.10018
- "Spin-imbalance in a 2D Fermi-Hubbard system"
P. T Brown, D. Mitra, E. Guardado-Sanchez, P. Schauß, S. S. Kondov, E. Khatami, T. Paiva, N. Trivedi, D. A. Huse, W. S. Bakr
Science 357 1385-1388 (2017); arXiv:1612.07746
News posts: Academic Spotlight blog, Research Matters, Princeton Press Release
- "Machine learning phases of strongly correlated fermions"
K. Ch'ng, J. Carrasquilla, R. G. Melko, E. Khatami
Phys. Rev. X 7, 031038 (2017); arXiv:1609.02552
APS News: Condensed Matter Physics Gets an AI Assist;
- "Observation of antiferromagnetic correlations in the Hubbard model with ultracold
R. A. Hart, P. M. Duarte, T.-L. Yang, X. Liu, T. Paiva, E. Khatami, R. T. Scalettar, N. Trivedi, D. A. Huse, and R. G. Hulet
Nature 519, 211-214 (2015); arXiv:1407.5932
Web stories: Science, Futurity, Physics Today
- "Fluctuation-dissipation theorem in an isolated system of quantum dipolar bosons after
E. Khatami, G. Pupillo, M. Srednicki, and M. Rigol
Phys. Rev. Lett. 111 050403 (2013); arXiv:1304.7279
- "Quantum quenches in disordered systems: Approach to thermal equilibrium without a
typical relaxation time"
E. Khatami, M. Rigol, A. Relaño, A. M. Garcia-Garcia
Phys. Rev. E 85, 050102(R) (2012); arXiv:1103.0787