- Received the Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering Faculty Award for Excellence in Scholarship for 2013.
- Received the KSI Fellow from Knowledge System Institute in SEKE2011.
- Recognized as a distinguished alumina by the College of Engineering of the University of Texas at Arlington at its 50th Anniversary in November, 2009.
- Received the Best Paper Award from the Third International Conference on Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering (MUE2009), In Cooperation with the IEEE Computer Society, June 4-6, 2009, Qingdao, China.
- Selected as the Best Paper in The 8th International Conference for Young Computer Scientists (ICYCS'05) in Sept. 20-22, Beijing, China
- Named as Global Education Follower by San Jose State University in 2003
- Received the Best Paper Award in The 13th International Software / Internet Quality Week (QW2000).
- Received the Best Paper Award in The Third IEEE International Conference on Requirements Engineering (ICRE1998), 1998, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA.
- 1993-1994 Outstanding CSE graduate student research award for outstanding research on the Ph.D. level.
Journal Editor Board
- Editorial Board Member - Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research (JTAER)
- Editorial Board Member - Software Engineering: An International Journal
- Associate Editor - International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (IJSEKE)
Global Education Experience
- Proposed and delivering SJSU Faculty Lead Program to offer SJSU students to study and live at Beijing University of Technology in the summer 2008.
- Proposed and delivered SJSU Faculty Lead Program to offer SJSU students to study and live at Beijing University of Technology in the summer 2006.
- Proposed and worked with CMPE department Chair (Dr. Sigurd Meldal) to prepared the joint degree program in M.S. Software Engineering between SJSU and Beijing University of Technology in China. The program has been approved by the leaders of both schools and WASC.