AMS 169 The American Dream
Time: M-F 1:00-4:45 pm
Location: Clark 302
- 169 Make Room for Daddy [DOC]
- 169 Borat Questions [DOC]
- 169 Borat Trivia [DOC]
- 169 Clive Crook essay [DOC]
- 169 Populuxe Supplemental Videos [DOC]
- Syllabus [DOC]
- James Fallows, "How America Can Rise Again"
- Clive Crook, "Rags to Rags, Riches to Riches"
- Borat: Throw the Jew down the Well
- 2011 Super Bowl -- Declaration of Independence
- American Dream Dies -- Onion News
- Douglas LaBier, "Why Tea Party/Republican Ideology is Rooted in Fear..."
- Jill Lepore, "Poor Jane's Almanac"
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights -- YouTube video
- Red Nightmare (1962)
- 200 (1976) by Vincent Collins, funded by U.S.I.A.
- Joan Baez at Woodstock: 'Joe Hill,"
- Paul Loeb, "From Occupy Wall Street to Occupy the Neighborhoods"
- 'Let America Be America Again" - Langston Hughes
- Barbara & John Ehrenreich, "Making of the 99%"
- excerpt from new e-book: OCCUPY
- Arianna Huffington, intro to OCCUPY
- OWS clowns challenge bull
- Income Inequality Graphs
- MLA Style Guide (for bibliography & in text citations)
- Catherine Lavender, "The Cult of Domesticity and True Womanhood"
- Rebuild the Dream student loan debt increase vote
- Stewart Lansley, "American Dream Deferred Indefinitely"
- Wealth Inequality in America: YouTube video
- Joan Baez sings "Joe Hill" at Occupy Wall Street Nov. 2011
- Brad Plumer, "Obama's Climate Agenda..." in Vox, 4 June 2014
- Alexandra Pelosi "Citizen U.S.A." (2011)