Research & Scholarly Activity
Areas of interest include
- mechatronic system design
- precision machine design
- engineering measurements
- automation for production processes
- design education
- solar powered automated transit
Recent sponsored projects include
- "Exploring Multimedia in Engineering Education," funded by the Knight-Ridder Foundation
- "Scanning Probe Devices for Engineering Measurements," funded by NSF-ARI
- "Scanning Probe Microscopes for Interdisciplinary Advanced Microscopy Laboratory,"
funded by NSF-ILI
- "Durability Testing of Refreshable Braille Display," United Braille, Inc.
- "Design Analysis of Refreshable Braille Display Components, " United Braille, Inc.
- "Battery Operated Atomic Force Microscope," Park Scientific Instruments, Inc.
- Knight-Ridder Champions Project
- GD&T and SPC Short Courses (in conjunction with Multimetrics, Inc., and The International
- Precision Engineering Short Courses