Publications & Presentations
- Cohen, E. (Accepted for publication). Personal reflection and experience of a Fulbright Scholar: Teaching a mental health course in Vietnam’s changing culture. Social Work Education: The International Journal.
- Cohen, E. (2016). Prevention strategies and mental health in Vietnam. Vietnam National University Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 2, 508-518.
- Han, M., Nguyen, D., Cohen, E., Drabble, L., Nguyen, H., Sen, S., & Tran, T. (2016). Exploring the transferability of competency-based education model to social work education in Vietnam. Social Work Education, 35(6), 659–671. doi:10.1080/02615479.2016.1162782
- Hines, A., Cohen, E., Nguyễn, H. T., Drabble, L., Han, M., Sen, S., & Trần, T. Đ. (2015). Improving social work education in Vietnam through international cooperation: The “Social Work Education Enhancement Program.” Social Work Education, 34, 716–728. doi: 10.1080/02615479.2015.1052391.
- Cohen, E., Pfeifer, J. E., & Wallace, N. (2014). Use of psychiatric medications in juvenile detention and the impact of state placement policy. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 23, 738-744.
Cohen, E., Calderon, E., Salinas, G., SenGupta, S. & Reiter, M. (2012). Parents’ perspectives on access to child and adolescent mental health services. Social Work in Mental Health, 10, 294-310.
Nguyen, H., Cohen, E., & Hines, A. (2012). Do peer relationships matter to Vietnamese adolescents’ and young adults’ development of identity? Towards a working theory of identity development in a changing culture. Journal of Adolescence, 35, 1501-1504.
Berrick, J. D., Cohen, E., & Anthony, E. (2012). Partnering with parents: Promising approaches to improve reunification outcomes for children in foster care. Journal of Family Strengths, 11 (no page).
- Cohen, E. & Pfeifer, J. (2011). Mental health services for incarcerated youth: Results from a statewide survey. Juvenile and Family Court Journal, 62 (2), 22-34.
- Hines, A. M., Cohen, E., Tran, T. D., Lee, P. A., & Van, L. P. (2010). The development of social work in Vietnam: The role of international collaboration.Social Work Education-The International Journal, 29, 910-922.
Cohen, E., Calderon, E., Reiter, M., SenGupta, S., Salinas, G. & Parsons, K.. "Mental health and substance abuse services provided by health plans participating in 'The Healthy Families Program'" California Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board. Report. Sacramento, CA: California Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board, (September 2010).
Berrick, J. D., Young, E., Cohen, E. & Anthony, E. K. (2010). 'I am the face of success': Peer mentors in child welfare. Child and Family Social Work, 16, 179-191.
- Anthony, E. K., Berrick, J. D., Cohen, E., & Young, E. "Partnering with parents: Promising approaches to improve reunification for children in foster care" Berkeley, CA: Center for Social Services Research, University of California at Berkeley. Report. Berkeley, CA: Center for Social Services Research, University of California at Berkeley, (2009).
- Berzin, S. C., Cohen, E., Thomas, K. L., & Dawson, W. (2008). Does family group decision making affect child welfare outcomes? Findings from a randomized control study. Child Welfare, 87, 35-54.
- Cohen, E. & Pfeifer, J. . "The costs of incarcerating youth with mental disorders: Final report. " Chief Probation Officers of California. Report. Sacramento, CA: Chief Probation Officers of California, (2008).
- Berzin, S. C., Thomas, K. L. & Cohen, E.. "Assessing model fidelity in two family group decision-making programs: Is this child welfare intervention being implemented as intended? " Article. Vol. 34. (2007). pp.55-71.
- Cohen, E., Adams, N., Dougherty, R., Clark, J. D., & Taylor, S. (2007). The intersection of transformation and quality in mental health treatment: Implementing the California Learning Collaborative. International Journal of Mental Health, 36, 21-35.
- Midgley, J. & Cohen, E.. "A strategic plan to increase the flow of minority, multi-lingual and culturally competent professional social workers into California's mental health system: Final report and recommendations to The California Endowment. " Center for Social Services Research, University of California at Berkeley. Report. Berkeley, CA: Center for Social Services Research, University of California at Berkeley, (2007).
- Cohen, E. & Canan, L. (2006). Closer to home: Parent mentoring in child welfare. Child Welfare, 75, 867-884.
- Cohen, E. & Angeles, J. School-based prevalence assessment of the need for mental health services: Survey development and pilot study. Research on Social Work Practice, 16, 200-211.
- Cohen, E., Snowden, L. R., Libby, A., & Ma, Y. (2006). The effects of capitation on the duration of outpatient episodes of care for children. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 15, 3-26.
- Thomas, K. L., Berzin, S. C., & Cohen, E. (2005). Fidelity of Family Group Decision-Making: A content analysis of family conference and case plans in a randomized treatment study. Protecting Children, 19(4), 4-16.
- Thomas, K. L., Cohen, E., & Berrick, J. D. (2003).California's Waiver evaluation of FGDM: A unique opportunity. Protecting Children, 18 (Issues 1 & 2), 52-57.
- Cohen, E., & Bloom, J. R. (2000). Managed care and service capacity development in a public mental health delivery system. Administration and Policy in Mental Health, 28, 63-74.