Assistant Professor, Physics & Astronomy
Mondays 2:30pm-3:30pm, Tuesdays 1pm - 2pm
- Doctor of Philosophy, Physics, University of Cincinnati, 2009
- Master of Science, Physics, Sharif University of Technology, 2004
- Bachelor of Science, Physics, Isfahan University of Technology, 2001
Strongly correlated electronic systems
Ultracold atoms in optical lattices
Machine learning techniques in condensed matter physics
Quantum non-equilibrium dynamics of isolated many-body systems
Numerical methods in condensed matter physics
- "Machine learning phases of strongly correlated fermions"
K. Ch'ng, J. Carrasquilla, R. G. Melko, E. Khatami
Phys. Rev. X 7, 031038 (2017); arXiv:1609.02552
- "Observation of spatial charge and spin correlations in the 2D Fermi-Hubbard model"
L. W. Cheuk, M. A. Nichols, K. R. Lawrence, M. Okan, H. Zhang, E. Khatami, N. Trivedi, T. Paiva, M. Rigol, M. W. Zwierlein
Science 353, 1260-1264 (2016); arXiv:1606.04089
News articles: Academic Spotlight blog, MIT News
- "Observation of antiferromagnetic correlations in the Hubbard model with ultracold
R. A. Hart, P. M. Duarte, T.-L. Yang, X. Liu, T. Paiva, E. Khatami, R. T. Scalettar, N. Trivedi, D. A. Huse, and R. G. Hulet
Nature 519, 211-214 (2015); arXiv:1407.5932
Web stories: Science, Futurity, Physics Today
- "Cooling atomic gasses with disorder"
T. Paiva, E. Khatami, S. Yang, V. Rousseau, M. Jarrell, J. Moreno, R. G. Hulet, and R. T. Scalettar
Phys. Rev. Lett. 115 240402 (2015); arXiv:1508.02613
- "Quantum quenches in disordered systems: Approach to thermal equilibrium without a
typical relaxation time"
E. Khatami, M. Rigol, A. Relaño, A. M. Garcia-Garcia
Phys. Rev. Lett. 113 106402 (2014); arXiv:1404.3731
- "Fluctuation-dissipation theorem in an isolated system of quantum dipolar bosons after
E. Khatami, G. Pupillo, M. Srednicki, and M. Rigol
Phys. Rev. E 85, 050102(R) (2012); arXiv:1103.0787
National Science Foundation (NSF), Condensed Matter and Materials Theory
Teal High-Performance Computing Cluster (on-campus access only)