Izzie Brown, MS, RDN, CSCS
Nutrition, Food Science & Packaging
Preferred: (408) 924-3373
Central Classroom Building 103: MTWR 1:30-2:00, and by appointment
- NUFS/KIN 163 Physical Fitness and Nutrition
- NUFS 9 Introduction to Human Nutrition
- NUFS 124 Disordered Eating and Nutrition Therapy
- Post-baccalaureate, Dietetics, Immaculata College, 1998
- Master of Science, Exercise Science, Springfield College, 1992
- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy, minor in Education, Rollins College, 1987
Licenses and Certificates
- Registered Dietitian, 2000
- Certified Strength and Condition Specialist, 1994
- Izzie Brown, M.S., R.D., C.S.C.S. received her MS degree in Exercise Science from Springfield College, Springfield, Massachusetts in 1992 and her BA in Philosophy with a minor in Education, Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida.
- Dietetics: She participated in the AP4 program at Immaculata College earning the equivalent of a BA in Nutrition, Immaculata Pennsylvania. In 1998 she was invited into Kappa Omicron Nu Honors Society. She completed her nutrition internship at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Graduate research: The topic of her Masters thesis was carbohydrate loading and 2000 m rowing race.
- Prior employment: Izzie Brown comes to us from Alta Bates Summit Medical Center where she was a clinical dietitian until 2006.
- Other interests:
- Izzie has coached the Women's Rowing Programs at Mount Holyoke College and Temple University.
- In 1995, she earned a silver medal at the Pan American Games in the lightweight women’s double rowing event.
- In 2000, Izzie spent 8 weeks cycling across the US.