Giddings, Janet M
Adjunct Lecturer AY-A, Philosophy
Preferred: (408) 924-4471
Tuesday and Thursday 12 Noon to 1:00 p.m. and by appointment
Welcome to my SJSU web page. I look forward to teaching FALL 2015. I hope you will join me in Moral Issues or Professional and Business Ethics or Philosophy of the Person. If you are registered for my course(s) you will be in SJSU Canvas. The syllabus, schedule, films, handouts, and links will be posted there. We live in interesting times. Whether we discuss moral responsibility in social issues or business; or, we debate God's existence, we are discussing and debating ideas. Ideas rule the world. I hope to see you!
- Master of Arts, Philosophy, CSU-San Jose, California,
- Master of Arts, Theology, University of San Francisco,
- Bachelor of Arts, Humanities, Dominican College Of San Rafael, California, United States,
Bio"It doesn't bother me that you are lying to me, but it offends me that you think I believe you." -----From a wise Croatian
- A Guide to Writing Philosophy Papers
- Andrew Carnegie: The Gospel of Wealth 1889
- Bertrand Russell's, "The Value of Philosophy"
- Giddings,Janet. "Ethical Issues in Pedagogy: Wikipedia"
- Markkula Center for Applied Ethics
- Addicted to Social Media
- Philosophy of Religion Societies, Journals, On-Line Papers & more
- Big Box Swindle: Stacy Mitchell
- "Something Wicked" by atul gawande
- 1877 article "A Labor Newspaper Derides the Myth of the Self-Made Man"
- College Gambling.org/Natl Center for Responsible Gambling
- North American Paul Tillich Society
- Tobacco Industry, jobs and health
- The Ethics of Office Gambling: Weinstein
- "The Untouchables" Frontline: On Wall Street and Fraud
- A discussion with architect Donald MacDonald on the use of technology and architecture
- San Jose Police Department: Human Trafficking Task Force
- "MOOCs, Usefully Middlebrow, by Jonathan Freedman in Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Capitalism for the Masses by David Brooks (NYT)
- Philosophy articles/arguments/ideas
- Does HANDWRITING matter? New York Times article here
- When lines between NGO and news organizations blur
- Philosopher's Imprint (papers on philosophical topics)
- Should we open the door to genetically modified babies?
- Papers by Philosopher Peter van Inwagen
- How Objects Speak (art history; aesthetics)
- A Silicon Valley School that Doesn't Compute