Lecturer AY-A, Material & Chemical Eng
Mon 6:00-7:00 pm, BCME Conference Rm 385K Wed 6:00-7:00 pm, BCME Conference Rm 385K
- Master of Science, Computer Science, Southern Methodist Univ, 1980
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering Mathematics, Colorado School Of Mines, Colorado, United States, 1975
- Master of Science, Computer Science, Southern Methodist Univ, Texas, United States, 1980
Peter Coronado joins San Jose State as a Lecturer in Regulatory Affairs for Biomedical Engineers with nearly 20 years experience in the medical device industry. He has hands-on experience in the full product lifecycle from concept to design and development, commercialization, clinical use, post-market surveillance and obsolescence. He has worked on the design engineering side as well as the regulatory affairs side. He has led efforts to establish quality systems, design control processes, and risk management processes. He has taught classes and presented at conferences in all of these areas.
His professional passions include:
- Helping patients get the best care while eliminating unacceptable risk
- Enabling commercial success by applying regulations in the most effective and least burdensome manner.
He has a certification in Regulatory Affairs from the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS). He is a longstanding member of the IEEE, American Society for Quality, and RAPS.
In his spare time, he enjoys running and plays the mandolin in a bluegrass band.