Lecturer AY-C, Physics & Astronomy
Tuesdays Thursdays 8:00 am - 8:55 am for Phys 2A and 3:30 pm - 425 pm for Phys 50
Doctor of Philosophy, Suny College At Buffalo, 1966
Doctor of Philosophy, Physics, Univ. of Madras, India, Tamil Nadu, India, 1962
Master of Science, Physics, Univ. of Madras, India, Tamil Nadu, India, 1958
• Emeritus Professor, Biophysics Department, State University of New York, Buffalo,
June 1996 to Present.
• Research Professor of Biophysics, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, 1976
• Director of Graduate Studies, Biophysics Dept., SUNY Buffalo, NY (Roswell Park Division
) 1978 to 1992
• Co-Editor of Acta Crystallographica 1994-1997
• Receipient of several research and equipment grants from national agencies,1969
• Member of peer review and site visit committees of NIH and NCI
• Consultant, United Nations Development Program for technology transfer in biophysics
to India, 1985-1986
• Receipient of several fellowships (NATO Fellowship, Advanced Study Institute on
Direct Methods, Parma , Italy, 1970; CECAM Fellowship for visiting scientist, Univ.
of Paris, Orsay, France, 1970; NSF Grant for IX IUCR meeting, Kyoto, Japan, 1972;
NIH Consultant for International Symposium on Biomolecular Structure, Univ. of Madras,
• Raman Research Gold Medal for the best Ph. D. Thesis, Univ. of Madras, India, 1965
• Fr. Sewell Gold Medal, St. Joseph’s College for First Rank in Physics Honors, 1957.