San Jose State University ::
Faculty & Staff Web Pages: Theodore M. Butryn's Home Page
Butryn, Theodore M.
Publications & Presentations
- Butryn, T. M., LaVoi, N. M., Kauer, K. J., Semerjian, T. Z., & Waldron, J. J. . "We walk the line: An analysis of the problems and possibilities of working at the sport psychology-sport sociology nexus
," Sociology of Sport Journal.
- Masucci, M. A., & Butryn, T. M. . "Writing about fighting: A critical content analysis of newspaper coverage of the Ultimate Fighting Championship from 1993-2006
," Journal of Sports Media.
- Johnson, J. A., Butryn, T. M., & Masucci, M. A. . "A focus group analysis of the US and Canadian female triathletes' knowledge of doping
," Sport in Society: Cultures, Commerce, Media, Politics.
- Jones, A., & Butryn, T. M., Furst, D. M., & Semerjian, T. Z.. "A phenomenological examination of depression in female Division-I athletes
," Athletic Insight.
- Clegg, J., & Butryn, T. M. . "A phenomenological examination of parkour and freerunning
," Qualitative Research in Sport, Exercise and Health.
- Jeffery, K. J., & Butryn, T. M.. "Motivation of marathoners in a caused-based training program
," Journal of Sport Behavior.
- Butryn, T. M.. "Global smackdown: Vince McMahon, WWE, and neoliberalism
," Sport and neoliberalism (Edited Volume).
Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press, (2012). pp.280-293.
- Butryn, T. M.. "Dancing with quantitoids: A brief and benevolent commentary on the special issue of QRSEH
," Qualitative Research in Sport, Exercise & Health.
- Butryn, T. M., & Masucci, M. A.. "Traversing the Matrix: Cyborg athletes, technology, and the environment
," Journal of Sport & Social Issues.
- Butryn, T. M.. "(Re)examining whiteness in sport psychology through autonarrative excavation
," International Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology.