Yagci Sokat, Kezban
Department of Marketing and Business Analytics
Lucas College and Graduate School of Business
San José State University
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0069
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering and Management Science, Northwestern University, 2017.
- M.S. Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences, Northwestern University, 2012.
- M.S. Health Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010
- M.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2008
- M.S. Industrial Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, 2006.
Dr. Kezban Yagci Sokat is an Assistant Professor of Business Analytics at San Jose State University and a Research Associate at the Mineta Transportation Institute. Her research focuses on using mathematical modeling and decision analytics to alleviate human suffering in the areas of human trafficking, humanitarian/non-profit logistics and public health.
In collaboration with local, national and international efforts, Dr. Yagci Sokat leads on various multi-disciplinary projects to combat human trafficking. Her efforts to combat human trafficking has been supported and recognized by government and organizations such as the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and IBM. Additionally, her work has been recognized by university centers, such as Mineta Transportation Institute, Northwestern University Transportation Center, and the Supply Chain & Logistics Institute at Georgia Institute of Technology.
Dr. Yagci Sokat received her Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences (IEMS) from Northwestern University. She completed master’s degrees in Industrial Engineering (MSIE) and Health Systems Engineering (MSHS) from Georgia Institute of Technology (GT) with a Fulbright scholarship.