Publications & Presentations
- Sambhav Gupta* and Yu Chen. Supporting Inclusive Learning Using Chatbots? A Chatbot-led Interview Study. Journal of Information Systems Education. (in press) *undergraduate student as first author.
- Yu Chen, Leslie Jordan Albert, and Scott Jensen. Innovation farm: Teaching Artificial Intelligence through gamified social entrepreneurship in an introductory MIS course. Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education. 2021.
- Yu Chen and Malu Roldan. Digital Innovation for COVID-19: Turning Challenges to Opportunities. Communications of the Association for Information Systems. 2021.
- Angtai Li, Yu Chen, Zheng Yan, Xiaokang Zhou, Shohei Shimizu. A survey on integrity auditing for data storage in the cloud: from single copy to multiple replicas. IEEE Transactions on Big Data.
- Yu Chen and Timothy R. Hill. Teaching Business Students Chatbots: First Forays and Lessons Learned. Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) 2020.
- Sambhav Gupta, Yu Chen, Yanxia Zhang, and Richard Sessions. "Artificially Intelligent (AI) Drones for First
Responders." (2020). Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) 2020. *undergraduate student as first author.
- Xipei Ren, Pengcheng An, Tilde Bekker, Yu Chen, Rohit Ashok Khot, Martijn ten Bhömer, Yunlong Wang, and Gabriele Spina. "Weaving Healthy Behaviors into New Technology Routines: Designing in (and for) the COVID-19 Work-from-Home Period." In Companion Publication of the 2020 ACM Designing Interactive Systems Conference, pp. 393-396. 2020.
- Tianjie Zhu*, Michael Chiang*, Linh Trac*, Joshua Zanger*, Alison Nguyen*, Yu Chen. MyMeals: Intelligent Healthy Meal Planning Assistant During COVID-19. ACM DIS 2020 Workshop on Weaving Healthy Behaviors into New Technology Routines: Designing in (and for) the COVID-19 Work-from-Home Period. *undergraduate student as first authors.
- Yu Chen, Yunan Chen, Kai Zheng, Lucy Dodakian, Jill See, Robert Zhou, Nina Chiu, Renee Augsburger, Alison McKenzie, and Steven C. Cramer. "A qualitative study on user acceptance of a home-based stroke telerehabilitation system." Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation 27, no. 2 (2020): 81-92.
- Sambhav Gupta*, Krithika Jagannath, Nitin Aggarwal, Ramamurti Sridar, Shawn Wilde, Yu Chen (corresponding author). Artificially Intelligent (AI) Tutors in the Classroom: A Need Assessment Study of Designing Chatbots to Support Student Learning. Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2019). *undergraduate student as first author.
- Terri Lee*, Krithika Jagannath, Nitin Aggarwal, Ramamurti Sridar, Shawn Wilde, Timothy
Hill, Yu Chen (corresponding author). Intelligent Career Advisers in Your Pocket?
A Need Assessment Study of Chatbots for Student Career Advising. Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2019). *undergraduate student as first author.
- Yu Chen, Kingsley Travis Abel, John Janecek, Steven C. Cramer, Kai Zheng, Yunan Chen. Home-based Technologies for Stroke Rehabilitation: A Systematic Review. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2018.12.001
- Yu Chen, Kingsley Travis Abel, Steven C. Cramer, Kai Zheng, Yunan Chen. Recovery in My Lens:
A Study on Stroke Vlogs. AMIA 2018 Annual Symposium - American Medical Informatics
- *Student paper competition finalist in AMIA 2018
- *Outstanding student paper in the field of consumer and pervasive health informatics, AMIA 2018
- Xinning Gui, Yu Chen, Yubo Kou, Kathleen Pine, Yunan Chen. Investigating Support Seeking from Peers for Pregnancy in Online Health Communities, the 2018 ACM conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW), 2018
- Lin, Huaqing, Zheng Yan, Yu Chen, and Lifang Zhang. "A Survey on Network Security-Related Data Collection Technologies." IEEE Access 6 (2018): 18345-18365.
- Ren, Xipei, Bin Yu, Yuan Lu, Yu Chen, and Pearl Pu. "HealthSit: Designing Posture-Based Interaction to Promote Exercise during Fitness Breaks." International Journal of Human–Computer Interaction (2018): 1-16.
- Yu Chen, Yunan Chen, Mirana Randriambelonoro, Antoine Geissbuhler and Pearl Pu. Design Considerations for Social Fitness Applications: Comparing Chronically Ill Patients and Healthy Adults. The 20th ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW 2017), Portland, Oregon
- Xinning Gui, Yu Chen, Clara Marques Caldeira, Dan Xiao, Yunan Chen. When Fitness Meets Social Networks: Investigating Fitness Tracking and Social Practices on WeRun. The ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems 2017 (CHI 2017), Denver, Colorado
- Mirana Randriambelonoro, Yu Chen, Onur Yuruten and Pearl Pu. Opportunities and Challenges for Self-monitoring Technologies for Healthy Aging: An In-situ Study. Gerontechnology 16(2), 2017
- Mirana Randriambelonoro Michelle, Yu Chen and Pearl Pu. Fitness tracking technologies for diabetic and obese patients: dynamics of behavior and requirement changes. IEEE Computer Magazine. SI: March 2017 Quality-of-Life Technologies
- Yu Chen, Danni Le, Zerrin Yumak, and Pearl Pu. EHR: a Sensing Technology Readiness Model for Lifestyle Changes. Mobile Networks and Applications, 2017
- Yu Chen, Gloria Mark, Sanna Ali, Xiaojuan Ma. Unpacking Happiness: Lessons from Smartphone Photography among College Students. The Fifth IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI 2017)
- Clara Marques Caldeira, Yu Chen, Lesley Chan, Viviam Pham, Yunan Chen, Kai Zheng. Mobile apps for mood tracking: an analysis of features and user reviews. AMIA 2017 Annual Symposium - American Medical Informatics Association, 2017
- Yu Chen, Gloria Mark and Sanna Ali. Promoting Positive Affect through Smartphone Photography. Psychology of Well-Being: Theory, Research and Practice, 2016 (covered by KPCC, KCBS, theHuffingtonPost, Yahoo, MSN, MedicalResearch, etc.)
- Yu Chen, Yunan Chen, Mirana Randriambelonoro, Antoine Geissbuhler and Pearl Pu. Peer Influence on the Engagement of Fitness Tracker Usage: A Diabetes and Obesity Study. IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics 2016, Chicago, Illinois, USA, Oct. 2016
- Yu Chen*, Mirana Randriambelonoro*, Antoine Geissbuhler and Pearl Pu. Social Incentives in Pervasive Fitness Apps for Obese and Diabetic Patients. In Proceedings of the 19th ACM Conference Companion on Computer Supported Cooperative Work & Social Computing (CSCW’16 Companion). San Francisco, USA, Feb. 2016 (*equal contribution)
- Mirana Randriambelonoro*, Yu Chen*, Antoine Geissbuhler and Pearl Pu. Exploring physical activity monitoring devices for diabetic and obese patients. In Adjunct Proceedings of the 2015 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Proceedings of the 2015 ACM International Symposium on Wearable Computers (UbiComp/ISWC’15 Adjunct), Osaka, Japan, Sept. 2015 (*equal contribution)
- Zheng Yan, Yu Chen and Yue Shen. PerContRep: A Practical Reputation System for Pervasive Content Services. Journal of Supercomputing. Springer, 2014
- Yu Chen, Jiyong Zhang and Pearl Pu. Exploring Social Accountability in Pervasive Fitness Apps. The 8th International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems, Services and Technologies (UBICOMM2014), Rome, Italy, Aug. 2014
- Yu Chen, Xiaojuan Ma, Alfredo Cerezo and Pearl Pu. Empatheticons: Designing Emotion Awareness Tools for Group Recommenders. In the 15th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction (Interaccion2014). Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, Spain, Sept. 2014
- Yu Chen and Pearl Pu. Designing Emotion Awareness Interface for Group Recommender Systems. The 12th ACM International Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces (AVI 2014), Como, Italy, May, 2014
- Yu Chen and Pearl Pu. HealthyTogether: Exploring Social Incentives for Mobile Fitness Applications. In the second International Symposium of Chinese CHI 2014, Toronto, Canada, Apr. 2014
- Zheng Yan, Valtteri Niemi, Yu Chen, Peng Zhang and Raimo Kantola. Towards Trustworthy Mobile Social Networking. Book Chapter in Mobile Social Networking. Springer, 2014
- Zheng Yan, Yu Chen and Yue Shen. A practical reputation system for pervasive social chatting. Journal of Computer and System Sciences, 2013
- Yu Chen and Pearl Pu. CoFeel: Using Emotions to Enhance Social Interaction in Group Recommender Systems. Alpine Rendez-Vous (ARV) 2013 Workshop on Tools and Technology for Emotion-Awareness in Computer Mediated Collaboration and Learning, Villard-de-Lans, France, Jan. 2013
- Zheng Yan, Yu Chen and Peng Zhang. An Approach of Secure and Fashionable Recognition for Pervasive Face-to-Face Social Communications. In Proceedings of Fifth International Workshop on Selected Topics in Mobile and Wireless Computing, Barcelona, Spain, Oct. 2012
- Yu Chen and Pearl Pu. CoFeel: Emotional Social Interface in Group Recommender Systems. In Proceeding of RecSys’12 Workshop on Interfaces for Recommender Systems, in conjunction with the 6th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys’12), Dublin, Ireland, Sept. 2012
- Yu Chen and Zheng Yan. Gemini: A Handbag for Pervasive Social Communications. In Proceeding of IEEE 11th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom), Liverpool, UK, June, 2012
- Zerrin Yumak-Kasap, Yu Chen and Pearl Pu. EmoSoNet: An Emotion-aware Social Network for Emotional Wellbeing. In Proceedings of ACM SIGCHI 2012 Workshop on Interaction Design and Emotional Wellbeing, Austin, TX, USA, May, 2012
- Yu Chen, Zheng Yan and Valtteri Niemi. Implementation of a Reputation System for Pervasive Social Networking. In Proceeding of In Proceeding of IEEE 11th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom), Changsha, China, Nov. 2011
- Yu Chen and Pearl Pu. Do You Feel How We Feel? An Affective Interface in Social Group Recommender Systems. In Procedding of the 3rd Workshop on Recommender Systems and the Social Web (RSWEB’11), in conjunction with the 5th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys’11), Chicago, USA, Oct. 2011
- Zheng Yan and Yu Chen. AdChatRep: a Reputation System for MANET Chatting. In Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Social and Community Intelligence (SCI’11), in conjunction with the 13th ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (Ubicomp’11), Beijing, China, Sept. 2011
- Zheng Yan and Yu Chen. AdContRep: A privacy enhanced reputation system for MANET content services. In the 7th International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing (UIC’11), Oct. 2010, Xi’an, China