In Fall 2014, the GENERATE Planning Committee decided to create the First-Generation Scholarship Fund.
Recognizing the financial need of our first-generation college students, this fund was created to provide a scholarship to students to help support their academic endeavors at SJSU. There is no GPA requirement. All first-generation college students are eligible to apply. Multiple scholarships will be distributed at varying amounts.
In order to qualify for the larger scholarship amount, students must be registered in the GENERATE: First-Generation College Students Program and also attend a minimum of 3 GENERATE programs before the application deadline (March 14, 2016). Students who do not wish to attend programming are only eligible for the scholarship of lesser amount.
All first-generation college students are eligible and encouraged to apply. Please read the requirements and expectations below.
- There is no GPA requirement.
- Student must be first-generation college students currently enrolled, at least half-time, and be continuing for Fall 2016.
- In order to qualify for the larger scholarship amount: Must have attended a minimum of 3 programs (i.e. events, workshops, Navigate with GENERATE sessions, socials) by scholarship deadline: March 14th, 2016.
- If selected, students must attend the 2nd annual First-Generation Scholarship Luncheon in April 2016
- If selected, students must commit to assisting GENERATE with a minimum of one project of your choice (i.e. being on a student panel for events, creating media, etc.)
- If selected, students will be expected to be available to speak at other future events, as their schedule allows.
Applications open are now closed.
Fore more information or any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations are currently being collected to raise funds for next year's scholarships. We are asking for your assistance by providing a donation of any amount you can give, and to enter into partnership with GENERATE to support our students.
To donate, please write a check to the San Jose State University Tower Foundation, in care of the First-Generation Scholarship Fund, and send it to:
San Jose State University
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0183
You can also give online at: https://commerce.cashnet.com/mccsjsu.