Need Help Enrolling in Covered CA or Medi-Cal?
The SJSU CSU Health Insurance Education Project (HIEP) has partnered with the Indian Health Center, a local certified Covered CA enrollment entity, to provide SJSU students and their families one-on-one help enrolling in Covered CA health insurance plans or Medi-Cal! These enrollment services are FREE.
From now through March 31, 2014, the Indian Health Center will be providing one-on-one assistance to SJSU students and their families to:
• Answer your questions about Covered CA or Medi-Cal eligibility requirements
• Help you enroll in a Covered CA health insurance plan or in Medi-Cal.
- Covered CA enrollment ends MARCH 31, 2014.
- Medi-Cal enrollment is year-round and can also be accessed through Covered CA.
How to Get Help: 3 Easy Steps
- Call (408) 445-3400 ext. 345 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor. For Native American consumer questions call Stephanie Reynolds at (408) 445-3400 ext. 287. Enrollment assistance is available by appointment only.
- Let the enrollment counselor know you were referred by the SJSU CSU Health Insurance Education Project!
- Let the enrollment counselor know where you’d like the appointment to take place out of the following options:
- Over the phone: Available Mon.-Fri., 8 am to 5 pm.
- In-person at SJSU: Available Tuesdays, from 12 pm to 5 pm in the Student Health Center, 2nd floor, rm. 209.
- In-person at either of the following Indian Health Center locations: 1333 Meridian Ave, San Jose, CA 95125 OR 602 E. Santa Clara St., San Jose, CA 95112 (as needed). Available Mon.-Fri., 8 am to 5 pm.
Don’t forget to have these 3 things with you for your enrollment appointment:
proof of California residency (e.g., utility bill or driver’s license)
income information (e.g., pay stub or FAFSA documents)
proof of citizenship or lawful presence (e.g., driver’s license, student visa, or green card)
- Q: What if I want to just browse my options?
- A: You can browse what you might qualify for and what your options might be by using Covered CA's shop and compare tool. Using this tool does not enroll you in a plan. It is simply to show you what you might qualify for based on the information you input into the calculator. It will also tell you if you might be eligible for Medi-Cal.
- Q: What other ways can I enroll in Covered CA or Medi-Cal?
- A: SJSU HIEP has partnered with the Indian Health Center to help provide you one-on-one, convenient, enrollment in Covered CA or Medi-Cal. However, if you'd like to enroll in Covered CA or Medi-Cal on your own, you can enroll online at www.coveredca.com. You can also call Covered CA directly to speak with a Covered CA enrollment counselor: 800-300-1506.