Substitutions & Articulations

students in class


There are five lower division classes that are considered preparation for the major.

You can check whether a class that you completed at a California community college articulates to PH 1, PH 15, PH 67, PH 99 or PH 102 by checking at SJSU Articulation or If you think that a course you completed should articulate based on the course title or content but it is not currently listed, please email or meet with a faculty advisor. We can make an individual determination.

If you completed coursework somewhere other than a California community college and you want to determine whether those units can be accepted in substitution, please also email or meet with a faculty advisor so we can review the course and make a determination.