Thank you for your interest in the I‑House. If you have further questions, please call or write:
360 South 11th Street
San José, CA 95112
Applications are reviewed by committee on an on-going basis. Applications for each semester are reviewed every two weeks until I‑House is full, beginning in early April for the upcoming Fall or Summer term, and beginning in early October for the upcoming Spring term.
- Applicants are not accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance.
Applicants are accepted based on many criteria including the following:
- We consider diversity of countries represented at the I‑House.
- We review essays to determine applicant's enthusiasm to participate in I‑House group activities, and ability and interest of an applicant to interact with people of many cultures and live in a diverse, multicultural environment.
- We also take into account likely roommate compatibility with new and returning residents.
- It is very important that, as much as possible, the applicant write his/her own application.
- We recognize that many of our applicants will attend SJSU to learn English. We are not concerned with English language skills and ability, but concentrate instead on the above criteria.
Just download and fill in the application form details, then mail or fax it to us. You can also email the soft-copy of the same.
Once your application is approved, download the contract, sign it, and then mail or fax it to us.