Wong, Hiu Yung
Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D. EECS, University of California, Berkeley (2006)
- M.Phil. Computer Science and Engineering, Chinese University of Hong Kong (2001)
- B. Eng. Computer Engineering, Chinese University of Hong Kong (1999)
Hiu Yung Wong received his Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley in 2006. Currently, he is an Assistant Professor in EE department, San Jose State University. From 2006 to 2009, he worked as a Technology Integration Engineer on 45/32nm NOR flash memory in Spansion. From 2009 to 2018, he was a Senior Staff AE in TCAD simulation in Synopsys. He is a senior member of IEEE.
His research interests include NBTI and hot carrier degradation simulation in FinFET/nanowire/nanosheet, wide band gap materials (such as GaN, SiC, Ga2O3 and Diamond) device and reliability/defect simulations, novel semiconductor device design and Design Technology Co-Optimization (DTCO). Part of the activities are reflected in the 60 publications and patents awarded.
- Co-Chair, 16th International Conference on Reliability and Stress-related Phenomena in Nano and Microelectronics (IRSP 2019)
- IEEE EDS-SCV/SF Secretary (2018 -2019) Treasurer (2019-)
- IEEE EDS-SCV/SF executive committee board (2018 - )
- Senior Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Workshop Moderator: “Circuit Reliability: Advanced nodes concerns and CAD tools flows” 2018 IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS)
- Reviewer: IEEE Electron Device Letter (EDL) and others
- Judge: The Synopsys Championship (the Santa Clara County science fair for students in grades 6-12), Sciencepalooza! (for students in grades 9-12 in East San José)
Classes:EE222. Semiconductor Devices II
EE224. High Speed CMOS Circuits