Why do we need to assessment
The assessment process is one of the key elements for San Jose State University to get accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). According to US Department of Education, the goal of accreditation is to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher education meets acceptable levels of quality.
The assessment process is important in institutional level evaluation and planning and creates goals for self-improvement.
- Assessment helps instructors to find out where to improve for student learning and instructors’ teaching
- Closing the loops provides a process for continuous improvement on teaching and learning
- Feedback of assessment reports provides an additional help and advice from 3rd party reviewers. It can be used as an additional improvement hint
- Faculty may not able to apply for federal funding if the program is not accredited
- will be eligible to apply for federal grants or loans
- will be able to apply for transfer of credits to other institutions.
- may qualify to sit in external certification examinations
- may get hired and tuition reimbursed by employers requiring such.