Leddy, Thomas W
Preferred: (408) 924-4528
MW 12:00-1:00, M 5:00-5:45, W 3:00-4:00 and by appointment.
MW 12:00-1:00, W 5:00-5:45, M 3:00-4:00, and by appointment
- Doctor of Philosophy, Boston Univ, 1983
Tom Leddy has been teaching at SJSU since 1983. He is a specialist in aesthetics and the philosophy of art but also always finds it exciting to teach about the great philosophers, particularly Plato, Kant, Nietzsche and Dewey. He has a blog titled Aesthetics Today. There is a link below.
- Dewey and Everyday Aesthetics by Kalle Puolakka
- Aesthetics of Human Environments: my chapter
- Article by Larry Shiner criticizing my views on architecture.
- John Dewey's Aesthetics Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy by Tom Leddy
- Leddy "Kant on Tattoos, Architeccture and Genderbending."
- Karen Haas painter web-site (Karen Haas is my wife)
- Leddy "The Aesthetics of Junkyards and Roadside Clutter" 2008
- My aesthetics blog: Aesthetics Today
- Philosophy Department
- Works and Conversations: A Conversation with Tom Leddy
- Works by Thomas Leddy listed in Philpapers
- Google Play ebook version of The Extraordinary in the Ordinary: The Aesthetics of Everyday Life: free sample of first 32 pages.
- The Extraordinary in the Ordinary Book Review by Christopher Dowling
- Article: Defending Everyday Aesthetics and the Concept of 'Pretty'
- Article: Aesthetization, Artification, and Aquariums
- "The Neglect of Everyday Aesthetics" Yuriko Saito from her book Everyday Aesthetics
- Aesthetic Atheism: Talk given to the Humanist Society Youtube
- A Dialectical Approach to Berleant's Concept of Engagement