Faculty-Led Programs (FLP) are overseas courses taught by SJSU faculty from various academic fields for 2 - 4 weeks during the academic breaks of winter, spring, and summer.
FLPs are considered SJSU Special Session courses and typically range from 3 - 6 units. A majority of our programs satisfy upper division GE courses (Area R, S, & V) and some also offer major-specific courses. See our Program List for more details.
Faculty-Led Programs are great for students who:
- want to work towards their graduation by earning SJSU credit on short-term programs.
- want to study abroad but do not want to leave their extracurricular activities (clubs, fraternities, sororities, etc.) by embarking on long-term programs.
- are working and cannot be away from work for a semester or longer.
- are first-time travelers that do not want to travel alone (In FLPs, you are accompanied by other SJSU students and faculty during your trip).
- are in majors that do not allow the flexibility to study abroad for a semester or longer.
- want to gain a competitive edge in their respective job markets by developing soft skills highly sought out by recruiters. Check out this news article on how studying abroad can improve your employability.
- are non-traditional students who cannot be away from family for a semester or longer.
Aug 22 France FLP (Winter 2020) Info Session; ART 135, 4:30pm
Aug 27 France FLP (Winter 2020) Info Session; ART 135, 4:30pm
Aug 29 France FLP (Winter 2020) Info Session; ART 135, 4:30pm
Sept 3 France FLP (Winter 2020) Info Session; ART 135, 4:30pm