Spain: A Taste of Spain
June 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28 (on-campus classes)
July 2 - July 16 (dates abroad)
Wednesday, Oct. 4
Thursday, Oct. 12
Student Union Meeting Room 5
Thursday, Oct. 19
Thursday, Nov. 9
Thursday, Nov. 30
Follow us on Facebook to get the latest FLP news and updates.
- learning how to cook paella?
- tasting Spanish olive oils?
- visiting a chocolate factory?
If so, this may be the FLP for you!
On this FLP we will....
- explore the amazing cities of Barcelona and Girona
- learn about all kinds of Mediterranean food specialties
- marvel at art at the Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dali Museums
- view the stunning coast of Costa Brava
- taste artisanal cheeses produced in the region
- walk through an olive production area and then taste the olive oil produced there
- cook the Spanish dish Paella
- visit small medieval towns in the Catalan region of Spain
- stay in a convent which is hundreds of years old
- understand the importance of the architecture of Gaudi
- immerse yourself in Catalan culture and food
Spend two weeks in Barcelona and Girona, located in the Catalan region of Spain, and immerse yourself in this beautiful and complex food culture. We will do all of the above and much more with our time abroad. Spain is known for their quality assurance of their foods and we will have the opportunity to learn first hand the processes involved in the production of Spanish wine, champagne, rice, olive oil, cheeses, and chocolate. This is an FLP for all of the senses!
Student Application Process - How to Apply & Important Deadlines