We would like to remind everyone that a valid parking permit is required at all times while parked on campus. Parking is enforced 7 days a week/24 hours a day.
Parking Services provides helpful forms regarding Employee Payroll Deduction sign-up/cancelation, employee commuter benefit application, permit refund request, event parking permit request, sidewalk permit application, and more.
For graduates and guests planning to attend a commencement ceremony, we strongly recommend that you purchase your parking permits in advance of commencement day. Save 60% compare to day-of rate.
Commencement prepay virtual parking permits are $4. Day-of parking rate is $10. Spaces are limited for each parking garage.
Please note: You may only park in the garage that you select when you purchase your parking permit. Due to high traffic impact, please consider parking in the North Garage (10th & San Fernando) or the West Garage (4th & San Salvador). Please give yourself enough time to find parking and to arrive early to your ceremony.
2024 Winter and Spring Virtual Parking Permits Available Online Starting 12/15/2023!
Purchase your SJSU parking permits online!
2024 Winter and Spring virtual parking permits are available online starting 12/15/2023!
Please note: 2024 Employee Spring parking permits (effective 1/1/24 - 05/31/24) will be available for purchase starting 12/15/2023.
News and Announcements
- Last day of shuttle service for Fall Semester will be Wednesday, December 6, 2023. For finals and end of year, South Campus Semester parking permits are valid in the general parking area on main campus from December 7 through December 31, 2023. Shuttle service will resume on Wednesday, January 24, 2024 (the first day of instruction for 2024 Spring Semester).
IMPORTANT FALL 2023 PARKING NOTICE
Traffic is unusually heavy and finding parking is EXTREMELY difficult between 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., Monday - Thursday! Please plan accordingly and consider using the South Campus Garage, situated at 1278 South 10th St. (intersection of 10th and Alma Streets). You can conveniently take the shuttle to the main campus from there. Another option is to leverage the VTA EcoPass for utilizing public transportation.
As a reminder, there is NO Grace Period for Parking. A valid parking permit is required at all times.
- Read Additional Important Parking Information Here!!! [pdf]
Visit South Campus Shuttle web page for shuttle information.
- For real time parking capacity in garages, please check garage statuses at http://sjsuparkingstatus.sjsu.edu/
- 2024 Winter and Spring parking permits are available for purchase through the Parking Online Services website starting 12/15/2023.
- 2023 Employee Annual parking permits are available for purchase starting June 15, 2023, through the Parking Online Services website.
Please note: The South Campus fall and spring semester virtual permits are valid at the new South Campus Garage (located at 10th and Alma Streets) and Park & Ride Lot. The South Campus fall semester virtual permits are also valid in general spaces of the main campus parking garages from 4:30 p.m. - 11:59 p.m. Monday - Thursday, and 7 a.m. - 11:59 p.m. Friday through Sunday. The South Campus permits are not valid for overnight parking. For additional permit information, visit Parking Permit page.
- Starting June 1, 2022, only Semester and Academic overnight permits will be offered and available to students living on campus. Please plan accordingly.
- New South Campus Parking garage at S. 10th Street and Alma Street is open for public
use. There are 2 entrances; one on S. 10th Street and another on Alma Street. The
garage is open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. everyday. A valid SJSU parking permit
is required at all times. Pay via ParkMobile app (Zone 9033) or Permit Pay-Stations available on 1st floor by elevators.
Parking General Information
We are here to help students, faculty, staff and visitors park in a safe and clean environment. We maintain 7,500 parking spaces to help our campus function safely and efficiently, and provide other crucial services for the community.
We know that the SJSU community has diverse needs when it comes to parking. That's why we offer a variety of parking permit types at various locations that can last anywhere from a single day to a semester.
Make sure you stay up to date on all our regulations, which are enforced 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, every day, including holidays. It's also important to note that if you don't follow our regulations, you could be subject to a citation or fine.
Not sure where you can park on campus? Check out our printable parking maps, where you can find spaces for permit holders, disabled persons, short-term parking and more.
We've recently partnered with Parkmobile to provide a service that allows users to pay for and extend parking sessions using a smartphone or web app. Users also get access to wayfinding tips and customizable expiration reminders!
Have a question about where you can park, our parking permits, citations or anything parking-related? We're here to help!