Virtual permits allow you to park in your designated area without being required to display a physical permit. The license plate registered when purchasing your parking session will become your virtual parking permit.
NOTE: You will be asked to provide your license plate information when purchasing parking online, via ParkMobile app, or at campus pay stations. It is important that your license plate information is entered correctly (include all letters and numbers on the plate) or you may be subject to a citation.
For parking account holders, you can register up to three vehicles on your permit. Only one vehicle is allowed on campus at a time. If you need to have more than one vehicle on Campus at a time, the second vehicle must be registered and paid under a separate permit or day pass. If more than one vehicle found on campus without the purchase of additional permit, both vehicles will be cited for Misuse of Parking Permit. Paid parking session is required at all times when parking on campus. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. License Plate Recognition (LPR) verifies parking session in all garages and lots. The program is intended solely to be used for management of parking facilities.
Benefits of Virtual Permits
- Eliminates the requirement to display physical permits and the need to move permits from vehicle-to vehicle
- Eliminates the need to come to the Office to pick up physical permits. No More Lines!!!
- Easy to upgrade or downgrade semester or academic virtual parking permit
- Upgraded paperless pay stations on campus located along the direct paths of travel away from each parking structure
- Returning to your vehicle to display a paper permit will no longer be necessary
- Lost or stolen permits and the associated replacement fees, police reports, and processing times will be eliminated
- Your permit is active as soon as the permit's effective date
- No more forgetting your permit or worrying about a permit being displayed improperly
- Option of adding time to your parking session remotely via the Parkmobile app
- Reduced waste in support of SJSU’s commitment to zero waste and campus sustainability:
- Reduced paper, plastic, envelopes and ink used in permit production and distribution
- Reduced waste and litter in all campus lots