San José State University is located in the heart of Silicon Valley - the capital of global technology and innovation.
The City of San José is:
- the 3rd largest city in California
- the 10th largest city in the United States
- 77 km to San Francisco and 51 km to the Pacific Ocean
- one of North America's top 10 cities for international business
- one of the “Safest Big Cities” in the nation (Source: Federal Bureau of Investigation; 2012)
- sunny more than 300 days each year! Average 10° C in January, 21°C in July
Go to the Visiting San José page to learn more about what the City of San José and the greater San Francisco Bay Area has to offer!