Tuition Refund Policy
The tuition refund policy for International Gateways is as follows:
- 100 percent tuition refund will be granted for withdrawal requests (for any reason) received in writing ten business days before the program start date, as listed on the official International Gateways calendar.
* Note: Refunds from bank wire transfer are subject to a $50 processing fee.
- 85 percent tuition refund will be granted for withdrawal requests (for any reason) received in writing within one business day before the program start date, as listed in the official International Gateways calendar.
- NO REFUNDS will be granted for any reason on or after the start date of the program.
- The application fee is non-refundable and cannot be rolled over to other terms.
- No transfers of tuition funds to a future term are allowed at any time for any term except for applicants who are eligible for a tuition deferral.
- Tuition Deferral Policy - Applicants who are unable to attend the session they initially applied to may request to defer their tuition to the next available session of the same program if a request is submitted in writing at least 10 business days in advance.
Tuition Refund Process
- You are required to send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are required to return your original I-20 to our office. Please mail your original I-20 to the following address:
San Jose State University, IS 227
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95129-0215
- If you originally paid your tuition by wire transfer, you are required to provide your complete bank information for us. Your bank name, bank address, account number, account holder’s name, account holder’s address and swift code are required.
For more information on the refund process, please email email@example.com.
Tuition Refund Method
- If you originally paid your tuition by credit card, debit card, and/or check card, your tuition refund can only be returned to the same card.
- If you originally paid your tuition by a personal check, a bank check, money order, traveler’s check or cash, you should expect a check from our university payable to the account holder. If someone other than the student paid tuition, the check will be payable to that person and be sent to his/her address. You must allow at least 6 to 8 weeks to receive the check.
- If you originally paid your tuition by wire transfer, your tuition will be returned to the account of the person who originally wired the tuition. Please allow 4 to 5 weeks for the wire transfer to be processed.