How to Pay
How to pay the application fee
Students must follow the instructions on their account portal to pay the $150 non-refundable application fee by credit or debit card.
How and when to pay tuition
Students who are admitted to International Gateways will be able to pay tuition through their account portal by credit or debit card by the deadline listed on their account.
Other Forms of Payment
Wire Transfers and debit/credit cards
International Gateways has an International Payment Portal to provide you with an easy and secure method to make payments from your home country. This service allows you to save on bank fees and exchange rates, access multilingual customer support, and track your payment from start to finish. Options include bank transfer, debit/credit cards, or other local payment options depending on your country.
- Go to sjsuigateways.flywire.com.
- Select your country of origin and choose your preferred payment method.
- Follow the instructions provided and track your payment via email/text notifications.
For any questions, contact the multilingual, round-the-clock Customer Support Team via live-chat on the Flywire portal or email at email@example.com.
Cashier Check Payments
- Ask your bank for a Cashier's Check. There may be a bank fee for the Cashier's Check.
- Make the check out to SJSU Research Foundation.
- Bring the cashier's check to the International Gateways office to complete the payment process.
- Money orders can be purchased at the General Services Center on the first floor of the Student Union and local 7/11 stores near campus. You must pay with cash; no credit cards or checks are accepted. Note that the maximum amount per money order is $500, so you may need to purchase more than one. There is a fee for each money order purchased.
- On each money order, complete the Pay to section with "SJSU Research Foundation:, then complete the student address line and your signature. Write your name and SJSU ID number on the bottom right corner of each money order.
- Bring the payment to the International Gateways office to complete the payment process.
Payments for other services
International Gateways cannot accept payments for housing. Housing payments sent to International Gateways will be returned to the student and are subject to a 15 percent financial processing fee. Unfortunately, payments to International Gateways cannot be forwarded to other SJSU departments, including housing.