San José State University is a major, comprehensive public university located in the center of San José and in the heart of Silicon Valley.
As the oldest state university in California, SJSU blends tradition and innovation, award-winning faculty, cutting-edge programs and visionary teachers from local corporations like Google, Apple, Cisco, and Adobe. Many SJSU students intern at Silicon Valley companies like these.
SJSU offers over 130 degree programs for undergraduates and graduates and is well-known for its quality.
- Ranks #9 among all public universities in the Western US (US News & World Report)
- The College of Engineering is ranked 3rd in US among public engineering programs offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees (US News & World Report)
- The Graduate School of Business is ranked one of the 301 best business programs in the US.
- The Journalism and Mass Communication program is rated “50 Best in the US.” (College Media Matters 2013)
- The School of Art and Design was among “60 Best Design Schools in the World” (Bloomberg Business Week)
SJSU is the 10th most diverse campus in the US with high-achieving students from the US and all over the world. You will most likely find someone on campus who speaks your language or is from your home country!