Silicon Valley Culture and Communication
Learn English. Have Fun. Explore Silicon Valley.
Come join us for this exciting 3-week program. Our classes are a fun and active way to learn about the culture of Silicon Valley and the United States. This program also offers many activities and fieldtrips to let you explore the innovation capital of the world. If you want to improve your English in Silicon Valley, while having fun and making new friends, then this program is for you!
*This is an example schedule. Actual student schedule may be different.
Classes are Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
|Week 1||Welcome and Orientation||Classes||Classes||Classes||Visit Google, Facebook, and San Francisco|
|Intel Museum: Journey through Decades of Innovation||Livermore Premium Shopping Outlets||Conversation Time with Americans|
|BBQ with Americans|
|Week 2||Classes||Classes||Classes||Classes||Visit Santa Cruz Beach|
Conversation Time with Americans
|Instagram Scavenger Hunt through Downtown San Jose||Stanford University and Stanford Shopping Center||Conversation Time with Americans|
|On-Campus Bowling Party||San Pedro Square Market|
|Week 3||Classes||Classes||Classes||Classes||Closing Ceremony and Goodbye Party|
|Public Art Walk through San Jose||Conversation Time with Americans||
Great America Amusement Park
|Conversation Time with Americans|
|Tech Museum of Innovation||Food Truck Dinner Party|
*Each of the following classes is held two days a week in the morning.
Life in Silicon Valley
Learn about the innovative culture of Silicon Valley.
American Culture and Society
Learn about America’s diverse culture and society.
Speaking with Confidence
Improve your ability to understand and be understood by native speakers of English.
Learn about technology and innovations that will change the future.
- 12 hours of morning classes AND 20 hours of afternoon activities every week
- Tours of famous Silicon Valley companies, such as Apple, Google, and Facebook
- Field trips to local destinations such as San Francisco and Santa Cruz Beach
- Optional weekend trips to Los Angeles, Disneyland and Yosemite National Park
- See more fun things to do on our Student Activities page
- Choose from many housing options including on campus dormitories and homestays with American families
Who can apply?
- No student visa required
- People with many different visas and immigration status can apply
- Anyone 16 years or older can apply
- Recommended for high-beginner to advanced levels of English
When is the program?
July 8-26, 2019
When is the application deadline?
June 3, 2019
How much is the program?
- Tuition is USD $1,900.00 (includes all classes and activities, class materials, local field trips, tickets to museums and an unlimited transportation pass). Housing is not included in the tuition cost.
- Application fee is USD $150.00
What is your refund policy?
Please visit our Tuition Refund Policy page for details.
Do I need health insurance?
SVCC participants are strongly encouraged to have health insurance coverage during their entire stay in the United States.
Participants with a valid nonimmigrant visa status may enroll in a one-month health insurance plan that is offered through our program. For more information regarding the university-approved health insurance plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.