Global Spartan WelcomeApply now International HousePaiwanTogetherBeautifulLightChengdu Hotpot

International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)

International Student & Scholar Services(ISSS) centralizes immigration advising resources and co-curricular support programming for international students and scholars on campus. Our goal is to serve the needs of our international students and scholars and to enhance their experience in the United States and to integrate them into our community, while also contributing to their success during their tenure at SJSU and beyond .

News & Updates

  • STEM-OPT Extension Zoom Workshops (September 24, 2 pm-4 pm and November 6, 11 am-1 pm)--ISSS will offer two STEM-OPT Extension workshops via Zoom in Fall 2019. The invitation links are the following:  (September 24 workshop);                (November 6 workshop)
  • OPT Application Packet Tutorials in Fall 2019 (September 24, October 4, 8, 18, 22, November 1, 15) -- For students who are about to send their OPT application packets to USCIS, ISSS will offer OPT application packet tutorials during the fall 2019 semester. Please check our calendar for exact times and locations (first-come, first-served). 
  • Post-Completion OPT Workshops in Fall 2019--ISSS will be hosting a series of in-person & Zoom Post-Completion OPT workshops throughout the Fall 2019 semester on the following dates: September 12, 17, 25, October 10, 17, 22, and November 5, 20. For exact times and locations, please check our calendar (to the right). First-come, first-served. 
  • International Student Meet-Up: September 6, 13, 20, 27, 12:00 pm-1:00pm, (Student Union 2F, near piano and ballrooms)--Are you new to campus looking for an inside guide to SJSU? Global Leaders are current students who are happy to answer your questions about campus life! Stop by our weekly Meetup to connect with us. No questions? No problem! Just come by to hang out. Meetups run the first 5 Fridays of fall semester.
  • Global Connections (formerly International Coffee Hour): Every Monday from 12 to 1 in Wellness Center Rm 122--Join our weekly Global Connections meetup to connect with people from around the world, explore cultural topics, and learn tips for improving your overall well being. Open to all students. Free coffee & snacks.
  • ISSS Welcomes Nearly 1,000 New International Students!-- ISSS is happy to report that for fall 2019, SJSU has welcomed nearly 1,000 new international students! 
  • New & Updated Forms -- ISSS has recently updated and created the following forms:
    1. RCL Form(Reduced Course Load form)
    2. Post-Completion OPTapplication form
    3. NEW concurrent enrollment form (now separate from the RCL form)
    4. CPT Application Form
  • EAD Cards & Protracted Processing Times--Currently, the average waiting time for an OPT application approval is 4 weeks to 5 months.  Please note that there is very little that ISSS can do to expedite the processing. Please continue monitoring your case status online account and you may also want to submit a case inquiry or reach out to USCIS at 1-800-375-5283. Please take a look at the following article from Forbes magazine regarding USCIS delays/policy changes. 
  • Drop-In Career Advising Fall 2019 -- Need help with your job search? Or perhaps you need to hone your resume or interview skills? Our International Student Career Advisor Judi Garcia will be available on Fridays, from 1:00 to 3:00 pm at ISSS for drop-in career advising! Don't miss out on this great opportunity. Beginning on Friday, August 23. This service is ONLY for international students!!