The Louie Barozzi Scholarship
- Academic Excellence:
3.70 cumulative GPA or above for F-1 International Students
3.25 cumulative GPA or above for Study Abroad Students
- International Student: Must be in F-1 Status and have maintained legal F-1 status. Must have been enrolled as a full-time* student at SJSU during the Spring 2013 and Fall 2013 semesters. (*12 units as an undergraduate student; 9 units as a graduate student. No concurrent enrollment or reduced course load petition during the Spring 2013 and Fall 2013 semesters).
- Study Abroad: Must be a matriculated SJSU student participating in a state-supported, SJSU certified
Study Abroad program for one term (Fall, Spring or Summer) or an academic year. SJSU
certified programs are:
- SJSU Bilateral Exchange Programs
- CSU International Programs
- Student Life: students who demonstrate an active participation in on-campus events and organizations.
- Community Service: students who can prove to be active in community service (anywhere in the world) and can demonstrate its strong, positive values.
- *Complete the applicable application:
*The stronger the student’s application is in regards to Academic Excellence, Student Life and Community Service, the stronger the chance of nomination.
Amount of Scholarship
Two scholarship awards will be awarded in the amount of $1,500 each.
Scholarship recipients will be expected to:
- Write a biographical statement and letter of appreciation to the scholarship committee and Barozzi family.
- Assist designated staff, students, and faculty with making SJSU a global campus and a global community.
- Assist with the promotion of study abroad or SJSU degree programs and the recruitment of future applicants through classroom presentations, distributing publicity materials, Study Abroad Fairs, etc.
Applications are due by Friday, April 25, 2014 at 4:00 pm in IPS Office, Clark Hall 543.
The two scholarship recipients will be notified in late May after the committee has reviewed all applications. Good luck!