Health Insurance for Incoming Exchange Students
Health Insurance for Exchange Students
All J-1 exchange students are encouraged to purchase the SJSU-approved University health insurance plan through Wells Fargo Insurance Services. For details and enrollment information, please visit this link (Select - San José State University; 2013-2014 San José State Univ.-International).
Alternate insurance from your home country will be accepted if it meets the following criteria:
- Minimum coverage of at least $150,000 for sickness and accident;
- Must include pregnancy coverage if you are a female;
- Must include medical evacuation to home country of at least $10,000;
- Must include repatriation of remains of at least $7,500;
- Deductible not to exceed $500 per sickness or accident;
- Coverage is for the entire duration of your stay in the U.S. (including an additional 30 days beyond the end of your program).
Before enrolling in an alternate insurance, please send details of your policy for review to Khim Lok in addition to any other related questions.