How to Register?
Advance Web Registration
Students can register in advance using MySJSU to sign up for Summer Session classes.
Open University/Non-SJSU Students
Open University or Non-matriculated students, who do not have official admission to San Jose State University, register starting April until May.
- First time students see Open University Registration - New Students (PDF)
*Please note the Open University button for admission will not be available until Monday, April 18, on MySJSU.
- Previous-term students see Open University Registration - Continuing Students (PDF)
Graduate students, students disqualified from Spring 2017 and other students who cannot register online must complete the Summer 2017 Registration form then fax to 408.924.2077, or submit in person to window “R” in the Student Services Center. For all 200-level courses, complete the Summer 2017 Registration form, submit to the Graduate Admission and Program Evaluation (GAPE) counter, window "G" in the Student Services Center or fax to 408.924.2477 for approval.
Please Note: No registration and drop activities between May and June
Registration is generally available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Normal maintenance occurs Monday evenings, 8:00 - 11:00 p.m.
- Verify that you have your UserID and password.
- Review the courses available and select your courses
- Go to MySJSU to login and register, Choose "Summer Session One" for all of your classes. See Tutorial (PDF)
Disabled Students Registration
Students with disabilities needing support services for classes (such as interpreting, test accommodations or note-taking) should contact the Accessible Education Center. Visit Administration 110 on campus, call 408-924-600, TDD 408-924-5990, e-mail aec-info@.sjsu.edu or visit www.sjsu.edu/aec.
If you have been placed on the wait list, check your MySJSU periodically to check your status. Payment is due immediately if the deadline has passed.
Steps to Take After Web Registration Closes
First Day of Instruction
If you missed the Advance Web Registration period, you may register on the first day of class. Beginning June, matriculated and Open University students with permission number(s) log onto MySJSU to register; or submit Summer Registration Form to add classes. Beginning June, all students must use a Late Enrollment Request form with instructor, department chair and CIES Associate Dean signatures to register. Follow instructions below for the paper registration process. All transactions required a valid photo ID.
- Download the Late Enrollment Petition Form.
- Complete the form and obtain required signature(s).
- Submit completed form at window "R" in the Student Services Center.