How to Register?
Advance Web Registration
Students can register in advance using MySJSU to sign up for Summer Session classes.
Before enrolling in a class, students must meet any required course prerequisites.
- begins April 9 and closes June 11 for Session One
- begins April 9 and closes July 16 for Session Two
Open University/Non-SJSU Students
Open University or Non-matriculated students, who do not have official admission to San Jose State University, register starting April 18 until June 11 for Session One and until July 16 for Session Two.
- First time students see Open University Registration - New Students (PDF)
*Please note the Open University button for admission will not be available until Wednesday, April 18, on MySJSU.
- Previous-term students see Open University Registration - Continuing Students (PDF)
Graduate students, students disqualified from Spring 2018 and other students who cannot register online must complete the Summer 2018 Registration form then fax to 408.924.2077, or submit in person to window “R” in the Student Services Center. For all 200-level courses, complete the Summer 2018 Registration form, submit to the Graduate Admission and Program Evaluation (GAPE) counter, window "G" in the Student Services Center and be ready to present transcripts to show evicence of your earned degree(s). See form for detail instructions.
Please Note: No registration and drop activities between
May 31 and June 3 for Session One and between
Jul 4 and Jul 8 for Session Two.
Registration is generally available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Normal maintenance occurs Monday evenings, 8:00 - 11:00 p.m.
- Verify that you have your UserID and password.
- Review the courses available and select your courses
- Go to MySJSU to login and register, Choose Summer Session One or Summer Session Two. See Tutorial (PDF)
Disabled Students Registration
Students with disabilities needing support services for classes (such as interpreting, test accommodations or note-taking) should contact the Accessible Education Center. Visit Administration 110 on campus, call 408-924-600, TDD 408-924-5990, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sjsu.edu/aec.
If you have been placed on the wait list, check your MySJSU periodically to check your status. After you are enrolled, se calendar for payment deadline.
Steps to Take After Web Registration Closes
First Day of Instruction
Beginning June 12 for Session One or July 17 for Session Two, all students must use a Late Enrollment Petition form with instructor, department chair and CIES Associate Dean signatures to register. Follow instructions below for the paper registration process. All transactions required a valid photo ID.
- Download the Late Enrollment Petition Form.
- Complete the form and obtain required signature(s).
- Submit completed form at window "R" in the Student Services Center.