Other Links to Information on Mechatronics
Here are links to other information on mechatronics that I hope will help you find what you are looking for or help you explore the subject. The links below are by no means exhaustive. If you come across others that you think should be listed here or find any broken links, please let me know.
- Dr. Lee's list of suppliers Prof. Lee's list of suppliers for engineering products and services, including MEMS and lab supplies
- Goodfellow Metals, alloys, ceramics, polymers, plus detailed technical data
- Grainger large supplier of mechanical, maintenance, and industrial supplies
- McMaster-Carr large supplier of mechanical, maintenance, and industrial supplies
- MFG.com the largest global online marketplace connecting manufacturers and buyers of manufactured items
- Online machine shop Makes your custom parts completely via the Internet. Low cost and convenient.
- ExpressCNC Another online machine shop. Also has links to free CAD software and surplus hardware
- Silicon Valley surplus information listing of Silicon Valley surplus dealers, swapmeets, etc.
- The Electrical Resource an electrical construction resource
- The Thomas Register exhaustive listing of US manufactures for virtually everything
- Zycon a new online industrial directory, engineering resource, and vertical search engine
- Industrial Quick Search Directory a comprehensive manufacturers directory
- Where to find things good list of places to get things for prototyping and projects (from Stanford University's Product Realization Laboratory)
- Analog Engineer’s Pocket Reference Guide a comprehensive reference by Texas Instruments for anyone interested in electronics
- Bowden's Hobby Circuits excellent links to a variety of electronic circuits for the hobbyist and other useful links
- Discover Circuits schematics archive links to a ton of schematics and other electronics resources
- Circuits Archive the Univ. of Washington's famous database of electronic circuits, and more!
- Data Sheet Archive an extensive source for data sheets
- DigChip.com a comprehensive resource database on electronic components and circuits
- EE Toolbox important resources for EE design
- Electronics-manufacturers.com comprehensive industry resource for for electronics and electrical products
- Hyperphysics excellent resource for explaining the underlying physics of electricity and magnetism
- IC Chip Directory an excellent resource for finding numerically and functionally ordered chip lists,
chip pinouts and lists of chip manufacturers, manufacturers of controller embedding
books, CDROM's, magazines, WWW sites and much more.
- Maxim's Design and Applications page (Maxim is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Analog Devices) app. notes, design guides and more
- Resistor Color Code Calculator nice tool to determine a resistor's nominal resistance from its color bands
- Resistor Guide a helpful resource for all things related to resistors
- Resistor Values Table standard EIA decade resistor values table
- Speed controller information speed controllers for battery operated electric motors and more!
- Virtual Library for Engineering extensive compilation of web links to engineering-related resources
- Circuit Cellar bills itself as, “THE WORLD'S SOURCE FOR EMBEDDED ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING INFORMATION”
- Dr. Dobb's software tools for the professional programmer
- Electronic Design current, in-depth coverage of emerging electronic technologies for design
- Electronic Products current, in-depth coverage of emerging electronic technologies for design
- Nuts & Volts Electronics & Technology for the hobbyist and professional
- Scientific American's Amateur Scientist has some interesting electronics for science experiments
- https://www.wevolver.com/ Provides access to all knowledge about technologies that can help engineers develop meaningful products
- International Conference on Mechatronics (MECH2K2) An international conference for mechatronics and acoustics, noise and vibration
- Mechatronics at SJSU information about the program here at SJSU
- Mechatronics at Santa Clara University mechatronics and robotics at SCU
- Mechatronics at Stanford University web link to the Smart Product Design Lab (SPDL)
- Mechatronics at UC Berkeley web link to Prof. Auslander's web page
- Mechatronics at Cal Poly, SLO
- Mechatronics at MIT link to the 2.737 mechatronics course at MIT
- Mechatronics at Georgia Tech Consumer Electronics at the Univ. of Wash. a neat course dealing with design of consumer electronics
- Mechatronics at UMass Lowell link to Fred Martin’s page, a leading researcher in mechatronics
- Peter H. Anderson's page lots of neat stuff done with the parallel port, PIC microcontrollers, etc.
- MastersInAI.org is a clearinghouse for information about degree programs in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and more!
Mechatronics in general
- Mechanical Engineering, May 1997 Feature Article a good overview that describes what Mechatronics is all about
Don't miss valuable information from the manufacturer's web sites
- AVRfreaks web site the "official" site for Atmel AVR aficionados
- Handy Board web site the official site for the Handy Board, a 68HC11-based controller board designed for experimental mobile robotics work developed at MIT
- Handy Board Mail List Archive a focused discussion group for the Handy Board device: distribution of information of any sort about obtaining, debugging, or using the Handy Board design; troubleshooting problems; exchanging ideas and techniques; sharing code; etc
- Microchip manufacturer of the PIC microcontroller family
- Micromint a leading supplier of single-board computers and industrial embedded controllers
- Mini Board web site a single-board computer, about the size of a business card, optimized for controlling small DC motors and receiving data from various electronic sensors developed at MIT
- Motorola manufactures a broad range of microcontrollers (including the 68HC11 chip we use in the lab)
- Parallax lots of information on the Basic Stamp, a PIC-based microcontroller
- Roger's Embedded Microcontroller Page a super source of information for those interested in the Motorola MC68HC05, MC68HC11 and MC68HC12 microcontrollers
- Sparkfun Electronics offers a good selection of prototyping hardware and tutorials relating to electronics and microcontrollers.
- The MicrocontrollerShop.com claims to be, "the world's largest online selection of microcontroller tools". See their AVR-MT-128 board.
- Oriental Motor major manufacturer of stepping, ac gearmotors, linear actuators, and fans
- Oriental Motor Stepper Driver Wiring wiring diagram for 5-phase stepping motor driver and controller
- Chris Hillman's animatronics links a ton of links on everything related to animatronics
- Microsoft Robotics Studio a Windows-based software tool to create robotics applications and simulations
- NASA robotic vehicles group the folks who work on rovers and other neat extraterrestrial vehicles
- NATCAR a contest sponsored by National Semiconductor to build an autonomous race car
- ROBO Games billed as the world's largest robot competition
- Robot Information super resource for everything on robots!
- Robotics Into The 21st Century Links to what is coming in robotics
- Robot History Timeline A concise history of robots from used-robots.com
- Seattle Robotics Society an excellent resource for those interested in learning about and building robots
- US First Competition a national engineering contest which immerses high school students in the exciting world of engineering. Teaming up with engineers from businesses and universities, students get a hands-on, inside look at the engineering profession. Lots of local high schools participate, so check this out and consider getting involved!
- C programming course Univ. of Strathclyde's course on C programming
- C++ Online (CSC 114) Introduction to programming and problem solving using C++
- GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) Compilers for a host of languages and target systems
- Dev-C++ Full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Win32. It uses GCC, Mingw or Cygwin as compiler and libraries set.
- Developing Embedded Software in C Using ICC11/ICC12/Hiware Nice overview of programming microcontrollers in C
- GCC the GNU C, C++ Compiler Collection (for the 68HC11 and HC12) The GNU Compiler Collection integrates several compilers for many architectures. The C and C++ compilers have been ported for 68HC11 and 68HC12 micro-controllers
- Interactive C for the Handy Board Manual the official IC manual; also gives a good brief review of some C basics
- Numerical Recipes In C online version of the classic text for all the numerical mathematical algorithms you will ever need
- PIC C Lite compiler Freeware version of the industrial-strength PICC ANSI C compiler. Supports the 16F877, 16F877A, 12F675, 12F629, 16F627, 16C84, 16F84 and 16F84A devices
- Pacific Ca freeware C compiler for MS-DOS
- Programming template a template for developing C programs
- Standard C referencea comprehensive reference for Standard C
- Turbo C 2.01a freeware C compiler for MS-DOS from Borland
- WinAVRa suite of executable, open source software development tools for the Atmel AVR series of RISC microprocessors hosted on the Windows platform. Includes the GNU GCC compiler for C and C++.