Two-day seminar (Jan 15+18) in 939 Evans Hall
on the Mathematics of Biochemical Reaction Systems
Friday, January 15:
- 10:00-10:45: David Dynerman presents work of Martin Feinberg, possiblydrawn from "The existence and uniqueness of steady states for a class of chemical reaction networks" Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 132 (1995) 311–370.
- 10:50-11:35: Lynn Chua presents Yuri Rabinovich, Alistair Sinclair and Avi Wigderson: Quadratic dynamical systems IEEE Symp. on Foundations of Computer Science (1992) 304–313
- 11:40-12:00: Lior Pachter comments on Yuval Rabani, Yuri Rabinovich, and Alistair Sinclair: A computational view of population genetics Random Structures Algorithms 12 (1998), no. 4, 313–334
- 13:15-14:00: Chris Eur presents Gheorghe Craciun, Alicia Dickenstein, Anne Shiu, B St: Toric dynamical systems, J Symbolic Comput 44 (2009) 1551–1565.
- 14:05-14:50: Elina Robeva presents David Anderson: A proof of the global attractor conjecture in the single linkage class case. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 71 (2011) 1487–1508
Monday, January 18: (MLK Day)
- 11:00-11:45: Joe Kileel presents Mercedes Pérez Millán, Alicia Dickenstein, A Shiu, C Conradi: Chemical reaction systems with toric steady states, Bull. Math. Biol. 74 (2012), no. 5, 1027–1065
- 11:50-12:35: Elizabeth Gross presents Casian Pantea: On the persistence and global stability of mass-action systems, SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis 44 (2012) 1636-1673
- 12:40-13:00: Matthew Johnston comments on the history of the Global Attractor Conjecture
- 14:15-15:00: Bo Lin presents Manoj Gopalkrishnan, Ezra Miller, and Anne Shiu: A geometric approach to the global attractor conjecture, SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems 13 (2014) 758-797
- 15:05-15:50: Bernd Sturmfels offers an invitation to Gheorghe Craciun: Toric Differential Inclusions and a Proof of the Global Attractor Conjecture, arXiv:1501.02860