Frequently Asked Questions
- Need Help?
- Canvas Support
- Desire2Learn (D2L) Support
- Apply and Register for an online course
- Contacting your instructor
- Dates and Calendars
- Online course schedule
- Online degree programs
- "Temporarily Unavailable" or "Page Not Found"
For administrative requests (e.g., guest user access, change of display name), please submit an iSupport ticket.
For any questions related to your online course or the learning management system, please submit an iSupport ticket or contact eCampus at 408-924-2337.
- Visit our Canvas Page to learn more about San Jose State University's new Learning Management System.
- Have trouble logging in? Follow these steps
- Visit our Desire2Learn(D2L) page to learn more about our concurrent Learning Management System.
- Have trouble logging in? If you need to change your username, reset your password, or find your login information send in a ticket.
Students wishing to take online courses at San Jose State must apply to the University via the regular admissions process or attend through Open University.
- For more information on applying to San Jose State, visit the Future Students website. Admitted students register for online courses through mySJSU just as they would on-campus courses. An excellent tutorial on registering using mySJSU can be found here.
- For more information on taking San Jose State University courses without formal admission, please visit the Open University website. To register, students must obtain a permission number from the instructor and follow the steps outlined on Open University's "How to Register for an Online Class" website.
eCampus advises students to contact their instructor by the first day of the semester. Instructor email addresses are generally available as a link from the eCampus course schedule, or through the SJSU Directory. For questions or concerns about the course, assignments or due dates, please contact the instructor. For other concerns contact eCampus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Generally, online courses follow a traditional SJSU semester or session schedule. Students can access their Desire2Learn courses at 12:01 am the first day of the semester. However, certain courses have unique begin and end dates. Course start and end dates are available on the eCampus course schedule.
eCampus offers its own course schedule on the eCampus Course Schedule page. Click on the "WW only" link to see a schedule of online-only courses. eCampus recommends that students unable to come to campus contact the course instructor to verify there will be no on-campus meetings or testing dates before registering.
Online degree programs are administered directly by the academic departments. For a list of online or mostly online degrees visit our Online Degree Programs page. For more information regarding these programs please contact the academic department directly.
This problem often occurs when users have not cleared their browser's cache. eCampus recommends users regularly delete temporary internet files and cookies from their cache in order to assure optimal browser performance. Following the instructions in our tutorial Clearing the Cache for Web Browsers may correct this issue.