Scholarships and Financial Aid
Dean's International Scholarship
We are pleased to announce the 2017 Dean's International Scholarship recipients. CONGRATULATIONS!!
Anicha Malloy: Vietnam FLP
Arooba Kazmi: Greece and Italy FLP
Natalie Stickles: Finland FLP
Qiwen Lei: Hong Kong FLP
Rachel Christensen: Puerto Rico FLP
Sarah Alexander: Malta FLP
Stephanie Dizon: Grenada FLP
Timothy Stanbach: Vietnam FLP
Colleen Bush: Ireland FLP
Damien Lee: Puerto Rico FLP
Darla Gary: Malta FLP
Erin Lubniewski: Vietnam FLP
Jamilah Hosan: Ireland FLP
Kaylene de Bord: Malta FLP
Khushdeep Grewal: Finland FLP
Madelne Bauer: Vietnam FLP
Megan Karpf: Taiwan FLP
Morgan Jardon:Taiwan FLP
Polly Werner: Vietnam FLP
Quyen Ly: Finland FLP
Rebeca Poore: Vietnam FLP
Shayna Sneiderman: Taiwan FLP
Shikira Stiles: Taiwan FLP
Tamara Turner: Vietnam FLP
Thanh-Diep Vu: Grenada FLP
Tiffany Yu: Taiwan FLP
Valeria Velazquez: Taiwan FLP
- Jonathan Moore: Finland FLP
About the Dean's International Scholarship
The Faculty-Led Program is a unique way to introduce students to the idea of the world as an educational resource while giving students who may have never considered it a possibility, the opportunity to study abroad. The College of Applied Sciences and Arts is committed to helping a broad range of SJSU students overcome the financial barriers to study abroad by offering the Dean's International Scholarship to qualified students in the College of Applied Sciences and Arts. Applications for 2017 have now closed.
Applications must be submitted through the Spartan Scholarship website on Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
Summer 2017: 28 awards - $500 each
Summer 2016: 5 awards- $800 each AND 25 awards- $500 each.
Summer 2015: 24 awards- $500 each
1. Applicants must be SJSU students in the College of Applied Sciences and Arts at the time of application.
2. Applicants must have at least a cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application to be eligible for this award.
3. Applicants must be accepted to an official SUMMER 2017 SJSU CASA Faculty-Led Program administered by International Programs and Services.
4. Applicants must complete the application electronically on the Spartan Scholarship website by the deadline listed above to be considered for the scholarship.
5. Students already receiving a scholarship specifically for attending a Faculty-Led Program are NOT eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Please visit the Spartan Scholarship website to fill out and submit the Dean's Scholarship application.
Financial Aid and Budgeting
You may be able to use your Financial Aid toward your FLP if you are planning to take 6 units or more during the summer session. Students are encouraged to contact the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible to find out the process of allocating financial aid award toward the summer FLP.
Carol A. Garcia
Special Programs Coordinator
Financial Aid & Scholarship Office
When planning on how much money to bring for your personal expenses and meals, it will be a good idea to compare the cost of living between San Jose, California and the destination of your FLP. Check out this cost of living comparison website.
Other scholarships include: