Carnegie Academy of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (CASTL) Program
San Jose State University is participating in a research project with the Carnegie Academy of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (CASTL). The primary goals for participation in CASTL are to:
- "Take stock" of our current activities related to liberal education and the scholarship of teaching and learning;
- Identify faculty interested in scholarship of teaching and learning and survey them about interests, strengths, and faculty development and support needs;
- Create and support implementation of new guidelines on documenting and evaluating scholarship of teaching and learning for RTP to be used by candidates and personnel committees in conjunction with new policies and procedures.
- Conduct systematic, scholarly assessment of the new integrative learning and faculty development efforts;
- Promote and encourage research on the scholarship of teaching and learning through ongoing faculty development programs, the Teaching and Learning Academy, and involvement of students in research activities; and
- Assist faculty and professional staff with dissemination of scholarship on teaching and learning through publications, presentations, and other channels.