The Center offers support to SJSU faculty and staff to explore a variety of tools you can use to enhance your professional communication and collaboration.
Faculty Profile Web Page
SJSU provides faculty a web space for students, colleagues, professional community and the public to learn about our faculty members. Faculty can create a profile page to post your course information, research interest, publications, conference presentations, advising or any professional accomplishments and activities.
This is a special privilege for faculty only to create or update your official professional profile at SJSU. For any faculty members who have web content developed via previous Website Builder or legacy content management system, your information has been migrated to this current OmniUpdate (OU) Campus environment.
If interested in creating a new profile or updating your existing out-of-date profile,
- Send a request to email@example.com for an one-on-one consultation.
- Download the documentation below to learn at your own pace.
Note: If you are new or never have a faculty website account, visit faculty website request page to request for an account.
Supporting Staff and Faculty with
The entire suite of Google Apps is available to all faculty and staff affiliated with SJSU. This includes Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs, YouTube, etc. You can learn the "how to's" or any tips or tricks in using these apps for your business communication, office collaboration and teaching. If interested,
- Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org for an one-on-one consultation. You may also request customized small group consultation or
special workgroup discussion.
- Download the tutorials below to learn at your own pace.
A general overview of Google Apps is available at:
More detailed information, appropriate for beginners and experts alike, can be accessed at:
The Google Apps in Education
For more information and ideas about how Google Apps can be used in educational settings, visit:
- Google in Education
- 32 ways to use Google Apps in Higher Education: For Faculty/Staff
- 32 ways to use Google Apps in the Classroom