Undergraduate Research Grants
Research Grant Proposal Information and Documentation
Faculty mentor-undergraduate student pairs are encouraged to apply for a 2012-2013 Undergraduate Research Grant. These grants provide up to $1,000 in financial support to undergraduate students who work closely with a faculty member to conduct research, engage in field studies, create projects in their discipline, or participate in similar scholarly/creative activities. Students may either design their own project or work on a professor's project. Either way, students must work closely with a faculty mentor. Students are encouraged to contact faculty in preparation for making a proposal.
To be eligible, a student must
- be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student with at least two semesters remaining before they will earn their degree
- be in good academic standing
- show substantial initiative in the project, and
- have a faculty mentor who is willing to work with the student.
Faculty mentors must
- be full-time faculty
- be willing to work closely with the undergraduate student on the project
- have knowledge/expertise in the area of project to be completed, and
- demonstrate ability to effectively mentor an undergraduate student.
Projects from all majors are eligible. A student may apply for only one grant per academic year. Project timelines may run from June 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.
Completed Applications are due by 5:00 pm, Monday, May 7, 2012. Please submit them electronically to CFD@sjsu.edu.