Semester at SJSU (SAS)
Study with American students and experience American university life!
Enroll in one or two semesters of full-time undergraduate study at San José State University without having to submit a formal application to the university.
Through our Semester at SJSU (SAS) Program, students:
- may enroll in 12 units of undergraduate level SJSU coursework
- experience the expectations of American university classes
- study in classes with regular SJSU professors and students
- earn course credits that are posted to an official SJSU
- transcript transfer earned course credits to other colleges or universities
Note: SAS students must register during the first week of class through the "Open University" system. Enrollment in any specific SJSU course cannot be guaranteed.
- Work with an Academic Advisor to determine which courses will be most useful to you
- Advisors help you transfer your SJSU course units to other universities
SJSU courses are academic credit bearing. Students can order an official SJSU transcript with course grades at the end of each semester. These courses and grades are transferrable to other universities.
Certificate of Completion
Students who have achieved passing grades in all of their SJSU courses may request an SAS "Certificate of Completion" at the end of the semester
To be eligible for the SAS program, at the time they apply, students must submit evidence of having met the minimum English language proficiency requirement as follows:
|English Proficiency Test||Score|
|Internet Based TOEFL - iBT||71|
|International English Language Testing System - IELTS||6.0|
|Pearson Test of English - PTE||68|
|Test of English for International Communication - TOEIC||750|
|Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst - DAAD||B/C|
|Common European Framework of Reference - CEFR||B2|
Students who have not yet attained the minimum required English language proficiency test score should apply for the Academic and Test Preparation (ATP) Program to help prepare them for university courses in a later semester.
To apply for the program, please visit the Apply Now page for more information.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.