Master Practical Skills
This program provides students from diverse academic and professional backgrounds with the advanced education necessary to draw insights from real data and apply analytical skills to solve real-world problems. This program will prepare students to conduct high-volume data management, predictive analytics, and data visualization to solve real problems in their specialized career domains.
The program features an interdisciplinary curriculum that draws on insights from mathematics and statistics, computer sciences and software engineering, business management, health science, social science, and natural science. The curriculum is developed and taught by SJSU faculty and industry experts from prominent Silicon Valley companies.
- Integrate multidisciplinary knowledge to engage in practical data analytics projects, from analyzing requirements to managing data, building models, presenting results, and assessing societal impacts.
- Identify, use, and evaluate current and emerging multidisciplinary data analytics technologies and tools.
- Apply effective oral and written communication skills necessary for professional work including collaboration and presentation to multidisciplinary audiences.
- Perform independent research in applying data analytics to specific domains.
- Utilize quantitative skills from a rich foundation of essential knowledge to solve complex, dynamic, and practical data analytics problems in various professional domains.
- Work productively as individuals and in teamwork to perform data analytics tasks as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Identify ways in which data analytics professionals can contribute to the cultural, economic, educational and social well-being in diverse and multicultural local, national and global contexts.
Your Career Opportunities
With a Master of Science in Data Analytics degree from San José State University, you will be ready for this newly emerging field. You will utilize data and analytical models to inform both domain-specific and business decisions. You will also leverage data analysis and modeling techniques to solve problems and glean insight across functional domains. Imagine an exciting career as Operations Analyst, Data Mining Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Financial Analyst, Geographer/GIS specialist, Compensation/Benefit Analyst, or Chief Information Officer.