|Transcript processing will be unavailable beginning May 27th through June 5th while our office processes Spring 2016 grades and academic standing. Transcript processing will resume Monday, June 6th, 2016. (Grades for Spring 2016 will be viewable at MySJSU on May 28, 2016 --providing you have completed all your Student Opinion of Teaching Effectiveness (SOTE) online via MySJSU--and your instructor submitted and approved your grades by preliminary deadline, 5/27/16). Spring 2016 grades and academic standing will be finalized and available on transcripts starting June 6, 2016.|
E-transcript/ PDF option is now available!!
Ways to order SJSU Official Transcripts:
1. Order via Online:
This is the most efficient and fastest way to order transcripts. You may request transcripts to be sent electronically (E-transcript) as PDF document - NEW! or it can be mailed via U.S. Postal Service, first class mail, or Federal Express. The PDF transcripts can be sent electronically to an institution participating in the Credentials' TranscriptsNetwork™ or third party(including yourself).
a) Order official transcripts directly from your MySJSU account - Student Center.
Eliminates the potential need to provide written authorization, which may slow down delivery
See screen shot below where you can see official transcript link on your MySJSU - Student Center:
Note: after you click "Order Official Transcipt" green bar, if a new browsing window (Credential Inc. ordering page) does not load up; 1) please be sure to check for a pop-up blocker, and click "allow" (See pop-up blocker page for screenshot and details), 2) a Safari browser will not work.
To resolve any login or password issue(s), please go to ITS Password Help page.
b) If you no longer have your SJSU ID, password or not able to resolve your login problem for your MySJSU, you may order through Credential Inc. website.
For both a) and b), you will have the following enhancements:
Receive automatic communication via e-mail and text messaging regarding order status from start of order to completion
Be able to check order status via online Self-Service at Credentials, Inc.
Have access to request transcripts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Experience faster service: please seeTranscript Processing Time and Delivery section below.
If you do not have access to the internet, you are welcome to visit the Student Services Center(SSC) and use the lobby computers to submit transcripts request through Credentials, Inc. Student Services Center(SSC) is located on the first floor of 10th Street Garage, cross St. is San Fernando. SSC is opened Monday-Thursday, 8:15am-4:45pm, and Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm. SSC is closed on weekends and holidays.
2) Order via Mail (processing time may take approximately 3-4 weeks)
To request transcripts by mail, write a letter requesting your transcripts and note the following:
- Type or print legibly the address(es) where you would like transcript(s) mailed.
- Transcript requests will be returned if you owe any financial or administrative obligation to the university or if your signature is missing on the request.
- Processing fee does not applied
Your letter should include the following information:
- Full name
- Any and all previous names
- SJSU ID number or Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Current address and phone number
- Email address
- Dates of attendance
- Indicate if you are waiting for information to post (final grades or degree posting) before mailing transcript
- Date degree received
- Type of degree received
- Quantity of transcript(s) you need
- Complete address of where to mail transcript(s)
- Full signature and date
Mail your written request to:
San José State University
Office of the Registrar
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0009
Transcript requests will not be accepted via fax or e-mail
If you attended SJSU Fall 1991 or after, unofficial transcripts can be accessed online through MySJSU with your SJSU ID & password. The instructions on how to obtain your unofficial transcript via MYSJSU online is posted at MySJSU homepage under Students, Tutorials, under My Academics, View my Unofficial Transcript.
For user ID and password, please go to My Password/Sign In Help. You will receive a reply as soon as possible - usually within 2 business days.
San Jose State University does not charge a fee for transcripts. However, a service charge of $2.25 per transcript will be assessed by Credentials, Inc. for online orders.
Transcript Processing Time and Delivery
- Online orders via Credentials, Inc.
- E-transtript/ PDF option: processing time is almost immediate once it's processed by the system. These orders are checked multiple times during the normal business day and released immediately. Please note: This option is mostly available to students who have attended SJSU after 1991. If you attended prior to 1991 this option is not available.
- Mail option: our standard processing time is 2-3 business days. Transcripts are delivered by U.S. Postal Service, first class mail. Federal Express delivery option is available for an extra fee.
- Orders submitted via mail or in person through SJSU may take up to 3-4 weeks to process.
Additional processing time may be required based on the work load, the operational needs of the office, and/or the time during the semester the request is made (e.g. start or end of term, send after grade or degree posting). Additional processing time may also be necessary for records with attendance prior to January 1991.
Other reasons that may delay your order:
- Hold(s) that needs to be cleared (see the following section for Holds)
- Partial grades and/or current academic standing
- Holidays and campus closures
- Processing time is the amount of time to process the request and does not include the mailing time.
- Processing time is business days only and excludes holidays and campus closures.
When requesting transcripts you have the option under Special Instructions to indicate when you would like your transcripts to be sent. See below for descriptions.
- Send NOW: Choose this option and your transcript will be processed immediately. Exception: Once grades begin to post, we may hold your transcript until all grades are posted and/ or academic standing is updated.
- Send after GRADES are posted: Choose this option and indicate the semester and year that is pending grades. We will process your request once the grades have been posted for that term. Please be sure to be as specific as possible, as errors will require a new request and fee.
- Send after DEGREE is posted: Choose this option and indicate whether you want us to hold for your Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degrees and the semester it will be completed. We will process your request once the degree has been posted.
If there is any financial hold or administrative obligation on your student records, it must be cleared with the department that placed the hold before transcripts can be processed. Holds may be placed on your student records by other departments on campus for various reasons (e.g. fees, books, housing, equipment or documents).
Transcript Order Status
To check status of your online order through Credentials Inc., please have your order# ready and sign-in Self-ServicePlus. If you have any further questions regarding your order, you may contact Credentials Inc. Customer Service.
A transcript is a complete record of all courses and/or degrees completed at San Jose State University. SJSU will NOT issue a partial transcript. For students who have undergraduate and post-baccalaureate or graduate course work, it is not possible to separate undergraduate course work from the post-baccalaureate or graduate course work. All programs/plans will appear on the transcript as one official record.
Transcript from other Institutions
SJSU transcripts do not include course work completed at other institutions. Only the transferable units are reflected on transcripts under “Transfer Credit” (Note: Transcripts from high schools or other colleges cannot be duplicated. You must contact each school for copies of their transcripts separately).
For E-transcript FAQs, visit Credential Inc. website and click "E-transcript Information" tab. See below: