Ways to order Official Transcripts:
1) Order Official Transcripts Online (Preferred and Quickest Method)
SJSU has partnered with Credentials, Inc. to provide a secure and "easy to use" online transcript ordering solution. This online request service will allow students and alumni to:
- Have access to request transcripts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Receive automatic communication via e-mail and text messaging regarding order status from start of order to completion
- Be able to check order status via online Self-Service
- Experience a faster service, processing time is 3-5 business days
Credentials Inc. will assess a service charge of $1.75 per transcript.
If you do not have access to the internet, you are welcome to visit the Student Services Center(SSC) and use the lobby computers to submit transcripts request through Credentials, Inc. Student Services Center(SSC) is located on the first floor of 10th Street Garage, cross St. is San Fernando. SSC is opened Monday-Thursday, 8:15am-4:45pm, and Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm. SSC is closed on weekends and holidays.
To request transcripts by mail, write a letter requesting your transcripts and note the following:
- Type or print legibly the address(es) where you would like transcript(s) mailed.
- Requests submitted by mail may take approximately 3-4 weeks for processing.
- Transcript requests will be returned if you owe any financial or administrative obligation to the university or if your signature is missing on the request.
Your letter should include the following information:
- Full name
- Any and all previous names
- SJSU ID number or Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Current address and phone number
- Email address
- Dates of attendance
- Indicate if you are waiting for information to post (final grades or degree posting) before mailing transcript
- Date degree received
- Type of degree received
- Quantity of transcript(s) you need
- Complete address of where to mail transcript(s)
- Full signature and date
Mail your written request to:
San José State University
Office of the Registrar
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0009
Transcript requests will not be accepted via fax or e-mail.
If you attended SJSU Fall 1991 or after, unofficial transcripts can be accessed online through MySJSU with your SJSU ID & password. The instructions on how to obtain your unofficial transcript via MYSJSU online is posted at MySJSU homepage under Students, Tutorials, under My Academics, View my Unofficial Transcript.
For user ID and password, please go to My Password/Sign In Help. You will receive a reply as soon as possible - usually within 2 business days.
San Jose State University does not charge a fee for transcripts. However, a service charge of $1.75 per transcript will be assessed by Credentials, Inc. for online orders.
Transcript Processing Time and Delivery
Please allow 3-5 business days to process online transcript orders. Federal Express delivery option is available for an extra fee. Requests submitted by mail may take up to 3-4 weeks to process. Additional processing time may be required based on the work load, the operational needs of the office, and/or the time during the semester the request is made (e.g. start or end of term, send after grade or degree posting). Additional processing time may also be necessary for records with attendance prior to January 1991.
Processing time is the amount of time to process the request and does not include the mailing time. Processing time is business days only and excludes holidays and campus closures.
Transcripts are delivered by U.S. Postal Service, first class mail.
If there is any financial hold or administrative obligation on your student records, it must be cleared with the department that placed the hold before transcripts can be processed. Holds may be placed on your student records by other departments on campus for various reasons (e.g. fees, books, equipment or documents).
Transcript Order Status
To check status of your online order through Credentials Inc., please sign-in Self-ServicePlus. If you have any further questions regarding your order, you may contact Credentials Inc. Customer Service.
Transcripts are a complete record of all courses and/or degrees completed at San Jose State University. SJSU will NOT issue a partial transcript. For students who have undergraduate and post-baccalaureate or graduate course work, please be aware that it is not possible to separate undergraduate course work from the post-baccalaureate or graduate course work. All programs/plans will appear on the transcript as one official record.
Transcript from other Institutions
SJSU Transcripts do not include course work completed at other institutions. Only the transferable units are reflected on transcripts under “Transfer Credit”. Transcripts from high schools or other colleges cannot be duplicated. You must request directly to each school for copies of their transcripts.